First fuse mold!

Share your secrets for building safe, durable planes that kick butt!

Moderator: hbartel

THend

First fuse mold!

Post by THend »

[:D]Image
AREA-52 breaking new ground here! Spitfire is next!
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

OK,[:)] Terry, I give ... what is it?
NAES

Post by NAES »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">OK, Terry, I give ... what is it?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Oooooooooo! Ooooooooooooo! Oooooooooooooo! Can I tell?!!!!!!!!!!!!![:p]

Nah Terry, I'll let you give it away!............BTW, nice looking mold................

..........and here's one I just finished popping. Darker half is older West Systems Resin. Doesn't hurt the outcome though.
drewjet

Post by drewjet »

VEry Nice
THend

Post by THend »

Ed, of all the people you are THE ONE that doesn't want to know. Trust me.[:D]
Sean, you sneaky bugger! When did you make that mold? I want to get cracking on the Spitfire mold ASAP.
spaddawg

Post by spaddawg »

Dam you guys are making me home sick for So-Cal!! Need to buy one each of those bad boys off of you and Sean!! I am ready to cash in all my glow goodies and go sloping with you guys!! I say we all do PSS next year!!
Great looking stuff Terry!! I really cant waite to see that AREA-52 special fly!![:p]
You guys are getting way to good at that glass stuff!!
THend

Post by THend »

[:D]Yeah the PSS boys are way cool and open minded about Scale, so it is getting more and more of my attention.[:p]

I had the DS bug two years ago when I wasn't flying combat so much, just helping run contests etc.. Had to fly combat this year so that my opinion counts[B)] when I talk about combat rules[}:)]. Looks to me that the AREA-52 crew has proven itself worthy of having an opinion. Well, maybe[8]!

Now that the AREA-52 crew is on board with sloping more, I will dedicate more efforts in that direction. There are some definate challenges out there in the DS world, can't believe they broke 300! So, we are going to go have some fun. The PSS boys ain't about slowing it down, Thank God!

AREA-52 will still be involved in combat, I think[?]

James, you know AREA-52 Team Members only have to pay in beer! Or, in fine Coro built JS birds![:D]
spaddawg

Post by spaddawg »

YOU GOT IT BRO!! I will express mail out my dues today to ya!! Is that one or two cases of beer a month? [:p]
I just want to wish to all my brothers at AREA-52 a Very Merry Christmas!!! [:D]
Now back to work....[B)]
THend

Post by THend »

[:D]Yeah, I'd like to wish all my AREA-52 Family a Happy and Safe Holiday Season, and a great New Year too![:D]

I'd also like to wish the RCCA membership and their families a Happy and Safe Holiday Season as well,and a great New Year too![:D]
THend

Post by THend »

A glimpse into the workings of AREA-52. As I type the second fuse is curing.[:D][:D]

You can teach Monkeys to operate a CNC machine. NAES, hard at it.[:p]

AREA-52 THend working the software.[:o)]

AREA-52 fuse curing in the mold. It is tough to excercise patience. The Lack of Progress is DISTURBING! [}:)]

Even bad guys take breaks. Still waiting on the fuse! [8]
[B)]Image

Uhhooohh! NAES pops fuse EARLY, but all is well. Now he wants to start bench flying! Ohhhh, the HORROR! [:0][:0][:0]

Coming to a flying location near you in 2006! [;)]

That is all for now Folks! You may return to your Normal programming.[:p]
Bender

Post by Bender »

NAES, Congratulations! It so cool!!! What scale for this MIG-3?
spaddawg

Post by spaddawg »

SAAAAWWEETTTT!!! I can not wait to see that Fish fly!!!
Great work boyz!! Great work!!
The dark side is strong with this one!! MMMOOOHHHAAA!!!
[:D]
THend

Post by THend »

[:D]Popped the second fuse out today. Looks pretty good, but I have some learning to do with glass layup. Later, got to go play games with the kids! NAES has been running me ragged in the shop! That man is a building machine. Everytime I am thinking we have done enough, he starts in on another plane, rebuild, foam cut, whatever. He left yesterday afternoon and I about died on the couch! LOL[:D]
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Terry,

Is there a good tutorial on how to design and build the fuselage mold somewhere?

thanks!
Ed
THend

Post by THend »

I gleamed what I could from RC Groups, and the one guy on the RCCA website but he hasn't been around.

If you go to RCGroups, composite section there are tons of links.

If I get going around here, I'd do one just for us RCCA types.[:D]