What ya changing for 09

Share your secrets for building safe, durable planes that kick butt!

Moderator: hbartel

Hat Trick

Post by Hat Trick »

Aaron I think the V tail is perfect for you no matter how tough it is to install.

The V tails do a neat little tail waggle when entering and exiting turns just like you do!
lightning

Post by lightning »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Hat Trick</i>
<br />Aaron I think the V tail is perfect for you no matter how tough it is to install.

The V tails do a neat little tail waggle when entering and exiting turns just like you do!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">But Mike, you don't even need to turn to execute the "Launch & Ditch" maneuver! A well timed straight line far enough to clear the CEL is worth 140 points every time!
AIM

Post by AIM »

Pretty bad when a guy that finishes last or at least close to last every time is accused of cheating.[:D]
lightning

Post by lightning »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by AIM</i>
<br />Pretty bad when a guy that finishes last or at least close to last every time is accused of cheating.[:D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">L&D is actually not cheating - there's nothing in the rules to prevent it.
"Unsportsmanlike" if it happened more often than not for sure! But when you do get airborne, chasing your streamer is great sport, so that sorta cancels it out! [:D][:D][:D]
cipoll717

Post by cipoll717 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i></i>
<br />[quote]<i>Originally posted by AIM</i>
<br />Pretty bad when a guy that finishes last or at least close to last every time is accused of cheating.[:D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Obviously! it makes perfect sense. Who else would NEED to cheat more than the guy in last place. Cleary, the motive is there, and for me, thats more than enough supporting evidence. I suggest we automatically suspect Aaron for cheating whenever he is in last place. If he's not in last place, well there you have it, obviously he is cheating even more and getting away with it, and should be scrutinized even more. We simply cant stand around doing nothing in the face of blatant cheating. Its just bad for the sport.
lightning

Post by lightning »

UH-OH AAAAron, ya gone and woke MC up out of his burrow. Now we get another six weeks of Winter!
AIM

Post by AIM »

I got the first flat bat fuse about half done. I went ahead with the V tail on this one but I'm gonna put a reg tail on the next one and see what I like or dislike about either. I think the V tail will be a bit difficult to get "just right" every time. If one fin is at 45° and the other is at 50° I suspect odd reactions in turns or loops.
I can see where a guy will have to be mindful about weight on these. Between the bat, firewall, and motor mount your weight adds up pretty quick. I'm gonna guess that my first one is gonna end up in the 3.lb 6oz to 8oz range at BEST.
lightning

Post by lightning »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by AIM</i>If one fin is at 45° and the other is at 50° I suspect odd reactions in turns or loops.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Aaaaaaron, with you flying it we'll never notice the difference![:D][:D][:D]
AIM

Post by AIM »

Man why you gotta be that way??? Where's the love???
I'm just not feelin it here...[:(]
lightning

Post by lightning »

But, but, but AAAAAAron, we LOVE to chase your streamer (when you've got one and before you ditch[}:)])
AIM

Post by AIM »

I don't think you've ever got my streamer before have you? Not even I can stand still in mid air for 5 minutes while you swipe at it.[:D]
AIM

Post by AIM »

Oh that's right. You got half my streamer once. I don't think you've even come close to my lightning fast reflexes since. That one time was just "throwin the dog a bone".
lightning

Post by lightning »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by AIM</i>
<br />Oh that's right. You got half my streamer once. I don't think you've even come close to my lightning fast reflexes since. That one time was just "throwin the dog a bone".
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Hmmm, selective memory at it's finest![;)] The time we had a bet it was $5 said I wouldn't get your streamer. Well, I got 4/5 of it so you paid up the $4.[:0]
Then, IIRC you had to pay up the other $1 not too long afterwards!!!![^]
So, for 2009, no more half measures - I just hafta get the whole thing!
M. Gillette

Post by M. Gillette »

I'm still in shock and awe that Aaron is building already, and its not even the night before an event.

Aaron watcha using for wings????
Captain America

Post by Captain America »

I think I'm going to try a pilot change... nothing else seems to be helping!