YouTube Build Videos

Share your secrets for building safe, durable planes that kick butt!

Moderator: hbartel

Dane McGee

YouTube Build Videos

Post by Dane McGee »

I recently viewed some excellent build videos by Andy Erwin from California (Draftman1) featuring his SSC spad warbirds and it got me to thinkin.
It would be cool if all kit makers would put a short video or two on YouTube explaining the kit build process. It wouldn't be very hard or take expensive equipment, heck most phones now will record enough video to get the job done. :D

I know that some here have already posted videos and it would be nice to have a special forum to post links to all the videos.

I intend to try my hand at making a few videos, especially after I get further along on my next secret weapon :mrgreen:

BTW, good job Andy!!

Stay tuned!
Dane "Mad Max" McGee
Greenville, Texas
RCCA Vice President 684
draftman1

Re: YouTube Build Videos

Post by draftman1 »

Thanks Dane, I really appreciate that. For me, it was difficult to be in front of the camera, thats just not me. Im sure most of you could make them more entertaining. As far as the video part. AlI had was an older tape camcorder. I took the video, captured it with a video capture device, editing the clips I wanted. The capture device takes the video signal and turns it into an digital file. I then dropped the file segments into microsoft "Movie Maker", that program comes free on most computers. it was simple, drag and drop, add a few titles and credits and your done, except for the youtube upload. It didnt cost anything to do

It would make a great addition to the kits that are availiable.
Andy Erwin
central CA