Just checking in guys....

Share your secrets for building safe, durable planes that kick butt!

Moderator: hbartel

Ben Morrow

Just checking in guys....

Post by Ben Morrow »

Hi ALL and hope everyone's doing very well out in RCCA Combat world! Last time I tried to post I couldn't get in and hoping this time it makes it through? This is pretty much just a test to see if I can post (Sure hope so) I miss you guys very much and think of you all more than you would ever thnnk!! I'm building small electric planes and flying in the yard pretty much. I hope to hear from you guys on this post and if this one goes through and none after that, you'll know I've been cut off again.

Take care everyone and just know Ole Ben "Hillbilly" Morrow misses the good ole days and the freinds I met!!

Later, (I hope) Ben
Ben Morrow
RCCA# 507
AMA# 497631
"Furball"?? In a Heartbeat Buddy!! ,,,, Bring those planes in a little closer so Bob and I both can see um! :-))
Lee Liddle

Re: Just checking in guys....

Post by Lee Liddle »

Hey Ben, what`s up!! Glad you are doing good and keepin` the fingers in shape. I`m gettin` ready to fly some E-Falcons in Open B next weekend.
TEXAS ROCKS COMBAT HARD!!!

Lee Liddle
RCCA #628

[img]http://idata.over-blog.com/0/35/56/40/texas_flag.gif[/img]
Ben Morrow

Post by Ben Morrow »

Hey Knife!!,
Just fix,n to hit the bed for the night but what I'm working on is going to a couple of the local schools, one's just about 1 mile from the house here and talking with some of the folks at the school for gym use maybe 2 nights a month and see if they'll let a few guys and/or gals do some indoor combat and fun fly contests. I think the kids would love it and maybe stir some interest up? Time will tell on that. These little elec. planes have kinda bit me like a bug! I still have a lot to learn on elecs.but here in Nash. TN the Hobby Lobby Int. is real close by and the replacement parts are really cheap. I'll try and post this link for a plane called the Micro Stick and it looks like it might be some good clean combat fun!! Here's the link for the plane, ready to fly with single cell packs and although far from my old favorite Open-B looks like it could be some real fun and really CHEAP! The radio is even included in the deal! Pull from the box, quick charge and FLY... I don't know where you're headed for combat for the "E Open B this coming up but I'm sure you or "Buttercup" will be real close or at the top of the heap when the dust settles! :lol: Just check the link out and think of me going from Open-B to this!! :shock:

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/micro_stik_r ... 9_prd1.htm

Good luck and stay in touch, tell ole "Buttercup" and the rest of those Texas Aces I said HEY and maybe hope to see you guys again someday soon!!!

Ben PS, Thanks for the reply,it's mighty good to hear from some of you guys after the lay-off I've had! Just been too dang long!
Ben Morrow
RCCA# 507
AMA# 497631
"Furball"?? In a Heartbeat Buddy!! ,,,, Bring those planes in a little closer so Bob and I both can see um! :-))
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

Yep. It is good to here from you. The electric stuff is complicated at first, but just plug it in and hope you don't see smoke.
I hope to get up your way next year for that contest the treniffs put on. I sure am itching to get back to see ya and maybe puke in your driveway again.

Buttercup
Ben Morrow

Post by Ben Morrow »

Buttercup wrote:Yep. It is good to here from you. The electric stuff is complicated at first, but just plug it in and hope you don't see smoke.
I hope to get up your way next year for that contest the treniffs put on. I sure am itching to get back to see ya and maybe puke in your driveway again.

Buttercup
Hey Buddy, I mean "Buttercup" Just being honest I guess I've missed your "Non Pool Shoot'n butt" more than all the guys! We had some GOOD TIMES FOR SURE!! I need to get some electric info from you so I can try to set some electric planes up for the next contest I can make, plus I think prices are get'n a little better on these parts I'll need, so you can for sure be a BIG HELP!!!
I hope you have a pretty good set-up by now (Something a little better than the smoke test! :lol: ) Yea, I'm gona need some help on set-up for sure, all my stuff is small yard fly'n planes but I do have a few larger motors but still don't think they'll be enough. One thing I don't have yet and know I'll need is a Watt Meter, I haven't bought one of those yet.

MAN, It would be FANTASTIC to see you up here and crash at my place again!

I'll never forget that morning, had about an hour to get to the field and I'm saying Were's Bob???? Anyone seen him? So I go looking for ya and look off top floor deck and see you all doubled over haveing a RUFF morning!! But hey, You got better pretty quick, We made the contest with time to spare, hey and lets face it we drank maybe a case of beer and shot pool all night!!! I think you did pretty darn well and the day went GREAT until all you Texas boys had to head for home. SURE hated to see you guys have to leave, just had TOOOOOO MUUUUCH FUUUUUNN!!! Come on back, I'll be easy on ya this time, I promise!!! Dang Texans just can't hang!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Miss ya a lot Buddy! Just take care and hope to see you guys again REAL SOON!! My home's always open for ya!! Off ta bed now, need some ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ's

I can hold my beer! :lol:
Ben "Ole Hillbilly" Morrow PS, Texas is the GREATEST!!!! :!:
Ben Morrow
RCCA# 507
AMA# 497631