Great sale on combat servos

Here's the place to chat about radios, transmitter, receivers, batteries, and everything related to your radio gear.

Moderator: hbartel

cipoll717

Great sale on combat servos

Post by cipoll717 »

Just got an email from Epyaya (formerly GWS Expert.com). They have once again reduced the price (I think its just a temporary sale) on thier rugged GWS micro-MG servos- now a scant $16.20 each.

These are great combat servos:
- CHEAP
- durable, metal gears are just plain tough!
- strong, they claim 60 some oz's torque at 4.8v
- proven- Frommy and I have used these like crazy the last couple of years.
- weigh about an oz.

check em out here-

http://epyaya.com/product_info.php?cPat ... af4b554d8b
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

mark, it looks like, from the specs, these are about HS81 size or even slightly larger? I'm looking for something for throttle servo for my Arrows, the HS55 is NOT holding up but there is not room in the engine mount area for a servo even as big as the HS81, any suggestions? I have my eye on the HS65 but it's a bit pricey! also, on these GWS you recommend, they have a plastic-gear version (lower torque, too) only $9, looks like it might be a good throttle servo for larger (non-1/2A) planes, any experience with that one? Thanks!
cipoll717

Post by cipoll717 »

Scott,

The GWS Micro-MG's are definately bigger than 81mg's. They may be just slightly larger than 85mg's as well. They are heavier (1 oz.). they are tougher, stronger, and they are less than half price the 85mg's.

I havent used any other GWS since I wasted a lot of money on thier cheap mini servos. They just didnt hold up for me. I am pretty tough on equipment. I know Lee has had great success wuith them, tho.

For the throttle- good luck- let me know if you find a solution. I too have given up on the 55's and 56's. Last year, i went with mostly 81mg's for throttle. The GWS micro-mg's would have been tougher, but thier bigger and heavier. I did buy a few of the 65mg's recently. I got them for $30 from Sailplane products. I figured they surely could last twice as logn as the flimsy 55's, and hence were worth the money (but I still dont like the idea of paying twice as much for my throttle servo as i do for aileron or elevator).
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

thanks for the info, Marky Mark. try this place for good Hitec servo and Rx prices.

http://www.obrienhobbies.com/index.html

they have the 65 Karbonite for 22 (should be OK for throttle), the MG is 32 which is not as good as your price from Sailplane products. I'll have to check them out!

I have used a lot of those GWS mini std servos, they aren't the greatest but i have them in a lot of planes. their biggest weakness is the flimsy servo arms. they strip fairly easily too, the servo arm screw strips its head (or breaks off) easily, they don't center well and their wires are shorter than (well, I won't get personal). Other than that they've worked great! I could actually use some more so if you have some you aren't using send me an email! Brian gets all the good stuff (although we did have three COMPLETE failures of TS53 servos on elev last season with predictable (BAD) results, one at NATS) and I use all the leftover garbage. Which explains my scores. If I flew Brian's planes, I would be atop NPS, as we all know.