Berg receivers

Here's the place to chat about radios, transmitter, receivers, batteries, and everything related to your radio gear.

Moderator: hbartel

Ed Kettler

Berg receivers

Post by Ed Kettler »

Who has used the Berg receivers? They look great for 3696, but are they to be treated like full dual conversion receivers, or are they really single conversion? Hard to interpret the marketing verbiage. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ed
o1moregil

Post by o1moregil »

My buddy Bruce has a few of the bergs, the size is perfect for 3696, he runs them for ssc and open b, he said that once they turned on 2 transmitters and the batteries on both of the planes at the field , both on the same channel and the berg was not receiving interference, it locks the signal to your radio, the price is good also
o1moregil

Post by o1moregil »

forgot to mention,
they were testing the berg receiver
boiler

Post by boiler »

Well I can go one better on the Berg after yesterday. I got to programming two different transmitters for my planes. I turned on one and got it set up for the plane that had a Berg receiver in it. After all was set, I turned off the TX but not the RX. When I turned on the second TX the RX would not respond in the slightest. I turned of the RX and then when I turned it back on, it responded fine. Talk about rejecting interference!!!!!!! Who needs 2.4 GHZ with this economical RX?[:)]
crash_out

Post by crash_out »

I use berg's almost exclusively-they are single conversion, but they are so tightly tuned it doesn't matter. On the same note, most JR receivers are single conversion as well, so....

I love them. I've never had any glitches, even in some questionable mounting situations. The failsafe is a neat feature as well, though I've never had it implemented. For combat the ideal one would be the plastic encased one-I have a few and can't imagine anything damaging it in normal use.

The only issue with a berg I've ever had is that when you initially arm the system, they don't like to be on the ground, or a lower level than the transmitter. I just make sure I turn mine on when they are on a table or something similar. After they start up, there's no problems with them being lower than the transmitter.
dirko

Post by dirko »

I have also used a synthesized Corona from United Hobbies. 4 channels and only $25.20 each. They really[:D] work great!
http://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITEDHOBB ... oduct=5781
o1moregil

Post by o1moregil »

Dirko, I looked at the Corona's official website, that little reciever looks like a good deal, 1 mile range for that price , cant beat that,
how does it work? does it have somekind of dials for you to change the channel?
Team Monkey

Post by Team Monkey »

I have used the BERG 7 (I like flaperons) to get around 'hits' on my single conversion HITEC gear. Even though the BERG is a single conversion unit, it has an extra filter circuit that does the trick.
The only thing I'm not real fond of is the thin antennae wire. I'm always nervous I'll damage it just by moving it.
Should mention, the mini-GWS crystals work fine, you don't need the BERG crystals if you can 't get them.

Thanks for the heads up on the Corona units, they look great.
mark s

Post by mark s »

Dirk,

I have 5 of the full dual conversion non-synthesized Corona's I'll sell you! $20 each.

Roid
Hat Trick

Post by Hat Trick »

I've got some non- syth ones also and was not happy with them either. I know several other combat pilots who quit using them. don't know about the synth version though.
M. Gillette

Post by M. Gillette »

I use Berg 4L Rx's on all my combat ships. They work with either Futaba or JR. A side note on the GWS Xtal, I just had a bad one and had not flown with it yet. It worked on the bench, when the motor was running on the ground the Rx would quit. I replaced the GWS Xtal with a Berg and all is well.
mark s

Post by mark s »

I like the polk seeker 6 receiver. I have 14, 2 damaged by mid airs. The other 12 work great.

Roid
Dr. Kamakaze

Post by Dr. Kamakaze »

All my combat planes have the polk seeker 6. I had to send one in to be repaired after a mid-air, and they sent me a new one free of charge!! I have 2 more waiting to send in from dirt nap damage. I guess they have a 5 yr. warranty on their receivers. Great company to deal with too!!
Andy Runte aka "Dr. Kamakaze"
RCCA #876
AMA #273119
wtxrcdog

Post by wtxrcdog »

Hello
Like Gil said I have used berg's for a while. we did a test at the field where I had been flying and when I landed my buddy had a transmitter on the same channel and he turned it on I had no loss of control. I then turned off my transmitter and the reciever was not affected in the least.I then turned on my trans again and had complete control of my plane. I also use a 7 channel Berg in some of my other planes and all of these recievers are programable with a pheonix-link cable.you can program in v-tail and other stuff to use a cheap 4 channel radio instead of a computer radio. You can't beat the price.
Bruce
http://www.wtxrcdog.com
Hat Trick

Post by Hat Trick »

I just got some 4l's and they look good. Very small and look to be very tough! No fragile case. I haven't used them yet but I'm hoping they work better on the high power planes than the Hitechs I've tried. I was testing one of my planes in the basement and had the wrong module in my transmitter. The plane didn't respond much but it did twitch like crazy and seem to respond some. 57 in the transmitter and 12 in the reciever. That really makes me nervous! Hitech 05 reciever single conversion.