Futaba

Here's the place to chat about radios, transmitter, receivers, batteries, and everything related to your radio gear.

Moderator: hbartel

Dane McGee

Futaba

Post by Dane McGee »

I just finished installing a 64K memory module from Hansenhobbies.com
for my Futaba 9CAP and couldn't be happier.

My transmitter has an 8 model memory and I had a 16K Campac memory module installed that increased my memory by another 6 models for a total of 14. The new Hansen module provides another 24 models for a total of 32.

It took me awhile of searching the different forums before I found out how to transfer the data from one mem mod to another, so I will post the procedure here in case anyone else wants to do the same.

After initializing the new memory module I began the transfer of data from the smaller 16K Campac to the larger 64K Hansen Campac.

First, I freed up a slot in my transmitter memory by copying it to my new campac, then I proceeded to copy fom the old campac to the freed memory slot in my transmitter.

Then I copyed from that slot to my new campac.

I did this for every model I wished to transfer. It required switching between campacs but only took about 10 minutes, so no problem.

Hansen Hobbies also has a 256K module that will increase model storage to about 100 models[:0]
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

Cool! I wish my 2.4ghz Spectrum radio had that option. Does anyone know if there`s an upgrade for the Spectrum DX7?
Dane McGee

Post by Dane McGee »

Sorry Lee, I don't know if its available or not. I checked the Hansen Hobbies site and all I found were clone pacs for Futaba radios.