Best Receivers

Here's the place to chat about radios, transmitter, receivers, batteries, and everything related to your radio gear.

Moderator: hbartel

sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

I've had nothing but good results with HItec E6, 555, 04MG, 06MG, and Mini 05 Rx. They all take amazing punishment and keep working. The last three are single conversion and have never had an interference problem. They're compact, light, and cheap. I'd love to go 2.4 but I keep hearing about "problems," kinda waiting to see how it all shakes out.
Blue Note

Post by Blue Note »

I've been using the Spektrum AR500 receiver with good results. Can be a little more challenging to program if you want you aileron servos to work independently, but it will do it. At $50 without the need for a crystal it seems comparable to many FMs.

BNC
DARBOY

Post by DARBOY »

Thanks for all the input. I have 3 receivers I can put in my planes now. Looking at the cost diffence, I think I my end up going to 2.4 and a new radio once these are trash. I think I just need a good reason for a new radio anyway. My futaba that I have now only can hold 6 planes. I think I need at least 10.
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

I have not been able to program a AR5000 for independent ailerons?? Please let me know how you did that? As for Spectrum I had a couple of bugs but all seem to be ok now. most of it was related to "brown out" (momentary low voltage) and the associated reconnect time. Software update seems to have cured that. Other that that I have not interference issues and the latency is much better than 72 MHz. I can feel the differnce when switching back to my 7 or 9C. I started using a AR500 for open B so far so good.