Scale T.O.C.

If it flew combat between 1935 and 1955, here's the place to talk about it!
Also a great place to talk about Competition!

Moderator: hbartel

mad

Scale T.O.C.

Post by mad »

I need to make some decisions about this contest and need some help.

With only 10 people flying 2610 at the nats I find it hard to justify all the work involved in getting the field ready to host an event. So....
<font size="3"><font color="red">If you Are coming to the T.O.C I need to know this week, Go get signed up</font id="red"></font id="size3">

The last thing I want to do is change this from a scale only event.
montague

Post by montague »

I'll be there.
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

At this point in time Brian and I are planning on going (only Brian will fly). Depends on:

1) School schedule conflicts- won't know till school starts back up
2) how many planes we have left after this weekend's meet
3) Havoc II is the weekend before, and i don't think we will travel to both meets. He'll have to decide which one he'd rather go to. I will discuss this with him further, but it probably depends on how we do at our meet this weekend and which classes we have the most fun with, and the most planes left. Neither one of us wants to do much more building until winter....other things to get done before summer ends, like maybe (finally) getting started on rebuilding the old car moldering in our garage.
Bender

Post by Bender »

We will try.
It seems to me good idea keep events as it was in plan since year beginning. (Just personal opinion)
headshot

Post by headshot »

I am planning on it, and I think Don V is also
montague

Post by montague »

Brian better show up. Now that I've figured out what was wrong with my Firebrands last weekend. (way nose heavy). That pounding last weekend just can't be allowed to stand.
mad

Post by mad »

I am sorry to announce the the T.O.C. is cancelled. Expecally to Don V, Bob L and Kirk A. the only three to sign up.
I was unable to secure the Ashland city sight for the contest and Bon Aqua is a little to small for for the 2610 class.
I wish someone closer to where the scale is being flown will take the date and still have the contest.
Or maybe havoc could move back a week and go to two days with one for scale.
I hope the Ashland city sight will be donated to the city and be open by next year, if so I will bring it back .
Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

Michael,

Is the whole event (both classes) cancelled? I'm sure if you had an SSC event you would have good attendance.
mad

Post by mad »

Alex the idea of this contest is all scale. It was designed to give the scale people one big contest to come together and see who is the best of the best over 12 to 14 rnds of combat not the 4 to 6 they get at most contests. It was very succesfull last year.
I could use the date and run another ssc event for you and Chris and our Battleaxe brothers from Georgia, to continue the education of those few northern pilots with ball enough to venture south. But I want to offer it up incase someone else would take up the scale cause for this year.
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

This is a disappointment as we had a lot of fun at TOC last year, and our scale planes survived last weekend's meet pretty well intact. Thanks anyway for trying to pull it off, Michael.
mad

Post by mad »

Thanks Scott, It has gotten a little complicated this year because it is in the works for the sight to be donated to the city as a park or something like that. There is a new club already formed that is working on it.but the wheels of goverment turn slow.
Hopefully it will all be ironed out by next year, because Ashland city is one of the best sights for combat I have ever been to.
Also with my limited time for travel it was probally my only other chance to fly 2548 this year. I have two nice mustangs with nothing to chase[:(]
Bender

Post by Bender »

Sorry to hear about scale cancellation. Basically it means only one fact: we are keep losing scale as class. I am so regret.
montague

Post by montague »

Sorry to hear that you had to cancel the event.
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Major bummer! I was waiting to hear if I was going to be available before I signed up. I am pretty tied up at work, so it wasn't looking good. Mike, thanks for taking the trouble to organize the event. I hope that you try again next year!

Ed
mad

Post by mad »

ED,
I will do it again next year however I will have a suitable backup sight lined up early in the year. The sight donation thing caught me by surprise, I didn't know it was something being considered. However if it works out it will be great to see the Ashland City sight opened back to flying. There are some really great people over there who have scattered out over the last couple of years trying to find a place to fly. Now they will have a home again. We are also working on another sight for the Bon aqua club that would be suitable for 2610. As long as there is interest in scale I will try to keep this contest.
I feel nashville is the perfect location. Other than our friends out west most people can drive here in under 12 hours.