Return of the Scale T.O.C

If it flew combat between 1935 and 1955, here's the place to talk about it!
Also a great place to talk about Competition!

Moderator: hbartel

mad

Return of the Scale T.O.C

Post by mad »

Looks like I may have found a sight. The question is, How many SCALE nuts do we have left.

Maybe something like 2days with 6 rds of 2610 and 4rds of 2548 each day. maybe a little 3696 sprinkled in.

Either early Oct or in the old Dixie Nat's time frame.

Scale combat in the Nashville area anyone.

Looking for input.
Lou Melancon

Post by Lou Melancon »

Maybe Michael. Interested in only attending for one class. Too much building for more than one in scale.
THend

Post by THend »

Well, from what I see with the NPS to date, you have about 8 people to draw from.

Wonder why?
Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

Michael,

Unfortunately I don't have time (or a lot of desire) to build for .25-size scale.

If you hosted an SSC contest in the Nashville area we could probably get 4 or 5 from our club, and there are two groups of guys about an hour from Jackson flying SSC, that might also be interested.

Unless you're just dying to do scale, I bet you could get 10 pilots from Tennessee for SSC, plus all the travellers. [8D]
boiler

Post by boiler »

Start building now Alex. You can have one ready for the biggest scale meet in your home state. Michael, I have a meet memorial day weekend and will have scale 2548. I would love to come to TN for anoter TOC. It was a great time last time. I remember coming with no planes ready to fly. By morning I had two and I crashed one on a test flight. Flew all but the last round the first day with the other one. Patched that one up that night and flew all but the last round with it the next day. Got in 12 of the 14 rounds with the one plane. That was my 3rd 2610 meet if I recall. We can't get more pilots flying scale if there are no meets to go to.
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Sounds good. Keep me in the loop!