twin open b?

Any Open Class topic can be discussed here. Come on in and share your knowledge or ask a question. Best place on the Net to hang your hat on a windy day!

Moderator: hbartel

slam

twin open b?

Post by slam »

i read the rules, then reread them.

it looks like you can use a twin in open b. seems like lou did some development in this arena several years ago. is this still true?

i have 2 ssc motors that i am not going to use for the next event and was thinking of a twin. this would be cool practice for a twin 2610 at dixie.

let me know what you think.

slam
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">3.2. Engines. Multiengine aircraft are
allowed as long as the sum of the engine displacements
does not exceed the allowed total displacement
for the particular class.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

So, yes, you could use 2x.15s and not exceed the displacement for Open B of .30.

Now getting a twin under 4.0 pounds that is survivable and competitive may be a challenge. The rules do state that 4.0 for electrics versus 3.5 for IC.
rdc767

Post by rdc767 »

Anybody remember Lou's twin cyclone open plane. Kinda looked like a p-38 and a bat trick. Maybe Lou has some pictures.
Ron
gunfighter

Post by gunfighter »

I sure remember Lee's F-82 twin Mustang with the twin Cyclones! My ears are STILL ringing!!