E- Open B, NATS Challenge

Any Open Class topic can be discussed here. Come on in and share your knowledge or ask a question. Best place on the Net to hang your hat on a windy day!

Moderator: hbartel

Lee Liddle

E- Open B, NATS Challenge

Post by Lee Liddle »

With all of the concern about runaway E power taking over Open B, I`ve decided to issue a challenge for any or all comers.

Here it is:

<font size="4"><font color="blue">I will pay $2000 to anyone who can build and fly an electric powered plane which can meet the following criteria:

1) The plane must be legal to fly in Open B at the the AMA NATS in 2007

2) The plane must be flown in at least one (1) heat of actual competition at the 2007 NATS

3) The plane must be able to out perform my Fora .29 powered 64" Falcon in both speed and turning ability for a continuous 5 minute period.

4) The performance trials are to be held after official flying of Day 1 of the 2007 NATS. The official heat may be flown on Day 2 of the 2007 NATS during the second day of Open B competition.</font id="blue"></font id="size4">

Well there it is. You think E is easy? You think that E is wide open to .60 size equivilant motors? It should be easy to collect a cool two grand. And the money should be more than enough to pay for the equipment that you use, and for the equipment that you`ll burn up in testing. So COME ON DOWN!!!!!, I`ll see ya at the NATS.
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

PS, Sean, please note that the above post was not edited in any way.
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

I think this is what ya call a "put up or shut up" here in Texas
Hat Trick

Post by Hat Trick »

I don't think anyone is saying that E power is going to out perform a Fora right now. But at the rate of innovation in E power I don't think it will be too long.
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

Yep Mike I might make the same offer next year. We`ll just have to wait and see.
drewjet

Post by drewjet »

hmmmmmmmmmmmm 2 grand, hmmmmmmmmmm
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

Fora, hmmmmmmmm, Fora
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

Come on Drew, it`d be worth risking two grand to have another electric at the NATS.
Captain America

Post by Captain America »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Lee Liddle</i>
<br />PS, Sean, please note that the above post was not edited in any way.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I will so note that as of this posting Lee's offer has not been changed or altered in any way.
cipoll717

Post by cipoll717 »

nice Lee, i like it. no-one ever doubted your balls.
Rabbit Leader

Post by Rabbit Leader »

Hehehe...ya'll got him riled up...get em' Lee!!
Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Hat Trick</i>
<br />I don't think anyone is saying that E power is going to out perform a Fora right now. But at the rate of innovation in E power I don't think it will be too long.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

That's true, Mike. Not to mention the re-start ability. At the Mid-America meet I was judging an electric pilot who was able to recover from a mid-air, restart his electric motor without landing, and keep on flying, scoring 3 more cuts.

In the next round, my engine was killed (prop not damaged) in a mid-air, but I dead-sticked in the field. The round after that I was judging for Grizz and the same thing happened with his IC.

It just shows that, even with equal power, the opportunities are a lot higher with E-power (when in a non-electric-only class).
jpmorere

Post by jpmorere »

Oh Yeah!!!! Electrics already outperform glow in every possible way and at the same time offer HUGE advantages that are not even physically possible with glow..

Whatever.

J.P.
Tim Treneff

Post by Tim Treneff »

Hey Lee,
First the generous offer to pay for RCCA memberships. Now you're paying for electrical engineering?

Did you just come into a bunch of money that you need to spend before the IRS finds you???

Send some my way!!! LOL [:D]
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

Freshly printed 20`s, but don`t get them wet.