Team Scharnell AVENGER

Any Open Class topic can be discussed here. Come on in and share your knowledge or ask a question. Best place on the Net to hang your hat on a windy day!

Moderator: hbartel

aseaholm

Team Scharnell AVENGER

Post by aseaholm »

As many of you know, Scott Causey has been producing the AVENGER since the birth of my little girl almost 2 years ago. Well, he and his wife are expecting twins in January. The time commitment to continue production was too much to ask of him and his growing family (though he probably would have unselfishly tried to continue, because that's just Scott is). So, the decision was made to sell the AVENGER line. Fortunately, we were able to find a top notch buyer to take it over and continue support of the loyal AVENGER customer base.

Since the Scharnell's made this announcement at the Mile Hi Event this past weekend, I figured it was time to share this information.

<b>Effective 7-20-07 the AVENGER line of RC Combat kits is owned and manufactured by the Hobby Store Air Scharnell out of Aurora Colorado.</b>

The Scharnell family have been AVENGER drivers for a long time. Their intimate knowledge of the kits, facilities to manufacture the kits, and excitement about continuing the line were all great fits.

We had a good 6 year run and have a lot of great memories. From Michele and I hand cutting fuselages in the garage of rental house in 2002, to the fully CNC cut kits of 2007, it's been quite an experience. The e-mails and phone calls about someone's first cut, or a young Nick Windsor's first top 3, or the Gilkey's 2007 NATS, or 15 guys battling it out with the Temple AVENGER down in TX, or the list goes on and on, made it more then worth it.

I will stay on for a year to help with any support related questions, so I'll still be around to type out those long winded e-mail replies if necessary. I'm confident the AVENGER is in good hands. I hope people keep having fun and success with it for many years to come...

Thanks to everyone that made it possible.
Which_way_is_up

Post by Which_way_is_up »

<font size="4"><b>You're a better man than me, Gunga Din!</b></font id="size4">

Six years is almost a lifetime in the world of combat. Second only to the contributions of Mike Fredricks. Good luck with your life after combat! [:D]
cccdad

Post by cccdad »

AJ. The Avengers have been the best airframe I have bought and from personal experience your e-mails have helped alot. Thank you AJ and I hope the new owners are as dilligent as you.
THend

Post by THend »

God speed and good luck to you and your family AJ. Anyone who has even dabbled in kitting understands the commitment it takes, and has complete respect for the process.

I wish the Sharnell's the best with this venture. Keep the energy going!

Regards

TH
boiler

Post by boiler »

Thanks for your support of rc combat A.J. I know many people rely on available kits for their airframes. On another note, I hope we see some fruit of you labours on the scale issues by the end of the year.
cipoll717

Post by cipoll717 »

All I can say is thanks for everything and ditto- you've made indelible contributions to RC Combat, and agree, the Avenger is truly the best flying kit I've flown.
dirko

Post by dirko »

I just wanted to add my thank you and best wishes. I got started with avengers and they are great flying ships. Best of luck.[:)]
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

sorry guys, been gone on vac for a week with no i-net access. Thanks to AJ for all he has done to support combat with his top-quality designs! We've had a lot of fun, and success, flying the AVENGER series and we owe it all to not only the basic design, but also to the suggestions and help AJ has offered along the way. Best of luck to the Scharnells as they take the AVENGER line onward and upward! And thanks to AJ for the support he has given Brian over the years, asking him to be on teamSEAHOLM!
Air Scharnell

Post by Air Scharnell »

AJ,
I too must THANK YOU,if it wasnt for your 964AVG at a raffle here at a combat meet Im sure I wouldnt have been flying one.....[;)]
It has been a fewer years now looking back on my poor 964's, but yet they are still flying.
We do hope too continue with the best of our ability the Avenger line in too the future.
aseaholm

Post by aseaholm »

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Again, it's been a GREAT experience.

Taryn has really taken a liking to airplanes and flying on the sim. Perhaps, when she's ready we'll get back in the thick of things. Daddy can't afford Nelsons for 2 racers. [:D]

Good luck Frank and TEAM Scharnell...

AVENGERS Rule, AXES Drool... [}:)]
Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by aseaholm</i>
<br />AVENGERS Rule, AXES Drool... [}:)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Our planes are rubber, yours are glue. Whatever you say bounces off of ours and sticks to you!! [:D][:D]
[:p]

But seriously thanks for all of the work you've done for combat AJ.

I know how much time and effort kitting takes, new pilots being the only reward (though certianly a good one!).

Thanks for all the help you've given combat and pilots over the years!

P.S. Dig one of your Avengers out of the closet and come play with us in Jackson next June!!!
Ben Morrow

Post by Ben Morrow »

AVENGERS Rule, AXES Drool... ROTFLMAO !![:D] That's a good one AJ, kind of a new twist to it..

AJ, I too would like to say thanks, but not because I flew the Avengers. (I was the guy that took all the spankin's by these planes!)

My thanks would be for the good times and great competition while we flew together!

Good luck, and only wish the best no matter when, where or what you're doing!

Good luck to the Scharnell family, keep the "Birds" flying!
Rabbit Leader

Post by Rabbit Leader »

AJ, we'll miss ya buddy,thanks for all the support!!

Good Luck and Blessings to the Scharnell's, here's to your success!!

Cash[:D]
Air Scharnell

Post by Air Scharnell »

Im going too remember that phrase, AJ.

So far the response here has been very positive on the local level.
But from the picture of our OPEN B crowd you can see why.
Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts.
Air Scharnell

Post by Air Scharnell »

For those AVENGER drivers who will be attending the TEXAS OPEN B championship meet @ GSW. on Sept 15th, SAT.
I have room for some kits and parts, but if there something special you need let me know before the 14th Friday.
You can email us at AvengerTS@cs.com
or call the shop at 303-617-9777
Look forward too see'n you all on Sat.