Jett .30 or Fora .29?

Any Open Class topic can be discussed here. Come on in and share your knowledge or ask a question. Best place on the Net to hang your hat on a windy day!

Moderator: hbartel

Captain America

Post by Captain America »

Gil I have not had a chance to tach it yet. Been working on my open planes, this one is headed for Russia. I test flew it with the 8x6 at our event and it was wicked fast. It developed a "Bunny Hop" instead of flutter. The whole flying wing was shaking. I stiffened up the motor mount, I think that was the problem. If the weather clears up I hope to get it out this week and do some more testing. I may have to switch over to a bladder tank to keep it running consistantly but I hope not.

Yes Brian, your little MVVS rocks!
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

oh no, my cats out of the bag [:p]

I can attest to how fast seans engine is. Its probably close to as fast as fredericks K&B .40 rear induction and exhaust engine. That one screams!!! Like 23k rpm on the ground, but it rips way higher in the air.

It was funny to fly my russian wing agianst his giant K&B. His was doing 23k rpm while mine "sputtered" at 17.5k rpm or so with a 9x6. But straight line they were about even, fredricks was a little faster

Anyway, back on topic. Sean's engine HAULS MAIL! or is that male...or is that sheep? lol...im not sure anymore with this bunch
THend

Post by THend »

Easy on the sheep, last time sheep were mentioned things got touchy around here....[:D]
Captain America

Post by Captain America »

Playing with the ones I'm taking to Russia this afternoon, the Jett 30 it taching 19400 with an 8x6. the Jett 40 is turning 19000 with the 8.75x7.5 on the bladder. Im going to pack one of the os25fxs in the bag as well. its turning right at 20k on the bladder and a can so it should make a good practice/backup plane on the trip. Gotta get out and do some final test flying and get them packed away.

Thats interesting because in a theroy, not the real world, the .40 would be pulling 134mph, the .30 would pull 107mph and the .25 about 80mph. even with drag, prop slippage and whatever else you could throw in the open C planes should go like stink! Guess Ill find out tomorrow when I get to go flying.