Justin ........R.I.P.

Any Open Class topic can be discussed here. Come on in and share your knowledge or ask a question. Best place on the Net to hang your hat on a windy day!

Moderator: hbartel

Fred420

Justin ........R.I.P.

Post by Fred420 »

It is with a heavy, heavy heart that I must tell everyone that Justin has passed away last Sunday night. [:(] Lynn and I were really blessed to have Justin in our lives. He has been to all of the events that we flew in for the last 5 years but was unable to make Mid-America or the Nats this year. He was always so eager to go when he saw my planes being packed up and I know he truly enjoyed seeing everyone and loved all of the attention that was given to him. Thank you. [:D] He was 9 years, 2 months, and 23 days old. A great life he had [;)]
Papabear1

Post by Papabear1 »

I don't guess I've met Justin, as it sounds like I would remember if I had. I'm sorry for your lose and pray that God looks over you and Lynn during this time. I'm new here and don't know the whole story, but it sounds like this was not unexpected, but still it can't be easy to lose someone so young. Let's all fly a good round for Justin at our next event as I'm sure he will be watching.

God bless.
Fred420

Post by Fred420 »

Thank you Brandon!!

Justin was our Great Dane and he can be seen in many pictures at the events that we attended. He was a great ambassador for the breed. He just loved everyone and never met an enemy.
Donduck73

Post by Donduck73 »

That was sad news Dave, I thought I would post a picture that I have from the Nats this year.
Papabear1

Post by Papabear1 »

I hope this doesn't come out the wrong way, but I thought you were talking about a child so I feel a little better. It's still hard to lose a friend like that and for some they feel like our children. I always liked Great Danes but have never had the room for one. I don't think I've met one I didn't like. Big dog with a big heart.
Fred420

Post by Fred420 »

Thank you Don for the picture. [:D] I tried to add one but could not.

Your kool Brandon, I understand. I fly here in the mid-west(?) and south, so he was not know to eveyone. We do appreciate your thoughts.
Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

Dave and Lynn,

I'm sorry for your loss. Justin was always a great addition to any combat meet and was the best-behaved dog I've ever seen! He was a true gentleman. [:)]

At 2008 Mid-America:

Fred420

Post by Fred420 »

Great pictures Alex!! ........... Thank you. [:)] Lynn and I look forward to seeing ya'll in June. We got a new hybrid-trailer, no more pop-up, last month and can't wait to combat in it.
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

Dave I initially thought you were talking about a 9 year old child. I am a bit relieved about that, But from the Big Dog I realize pet owners still feel grief and the good dogs are truly mans best friend. I am sorry about your loss. Great pics
dirko

Post by dirko »

Our prayers will go to you (Dave and Lynn) for your great loss.

Pam and I enjoyed your beloved pets at Nats.
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

Dave, sorry to hear about Justin, he was a lot of fun and Eric really enjoyed seeing him at the meets.
Dr. Kamakaze

Post by Dr. Kamakaze »

Dave,
Sorry to hear about your loss. Justin was a great looking dog and very well behaved when I met him at the NATS. My lab, Bailey, didn't quite know what to make of him when he saw him just because of Justin's size. A dog's only fault is that they don't live long enough.
With sympathy,
Andy Runte, DVM
aka "Dr. Kamakaze"
-TEAM KAMAKAZE-
RCCA #876
AMA #273119
boiler

Post by boiler »

Sorry to hear about Justin Dave. Buttons will miss the chance to try playing with him again.
lightning

Post by lightning »

You have my prayers too Dave, that is a huge loss.[:(][:(]

What follows is a note I received from Jill, my friend in England and Nats Scorekeeper for the past two years:-

"Jill here, Lightning's friend from the UK.
Dave and Lynn - I am so sad to hear your news but SO pleased I had chance to meet Justin last year at the NATS. You may remember that Justin posed with Badgie, the crazy toy Keith and I were taking around with us so he could have 'adventures' for my daughter-in-law's class of 6 year olds. I'd never met a dog like Justin before - and probably never will. I had heard about him from Keith way before I ever got to the Nats and was looking forward to meeting your lovely gentle giant. I know you have many lovely memories of this special member of your family. I certainly will not forget him.

Take care, from Keith's Jill"
TheKid

Post by TheKid »

Justin will be missed at our meets as hes always a calming presence to have around. Some how you and Lynn manage to have the classiest dogs i've ever met, and he was a notch above the rest.