double sided tape..legal?

Any Open Class topic can be discussed here. Come on in and share your knowledge or ask a question. Best place on the Net to hang your hat on a windy day!

Moderator: hbartel

tmelton

Post by tmelton »

Tape really doesn't matter much IMHO. If it were taken away we would just have one less thing to worry about. Because it is allowed and has been the standard why change it? If it aint broke don't fix it! The faster most of the streamers are taken the sooner the real battle begins. The best & most exciting part of any combat event is always the big chase for the last money streamer. The duel of the guys that have survived the round and have kept a streamer until nobody else has one. The chase on the deck. The fox and rabbit. Real combat starts when the hunt for the last streamer begins.
lightning

Post by lightning »

tmelton wrote:Tape really doesn't matter much IMHO. If it were taken away we would just have one less thing to worry about. Because it is allowed and has been the standard why change it? If it aint broke don't fix it! The faster most of the streamers are taken the sooner the real battle begins. The best & most exciting part of any combat event is always the big chase for the last money streamer. The duel of the guys that have survived the round and have kept a streamer until nobody else has one. The chase on the deck. The fox and rabbit. Real combat starts when the hunt for the last streamer begins.
OK, I'm going to throw a curve in here. Tape is the means of applying a thin semi-liquid film of "sticky stuff" to the wing. Close enough to a "fluid" for me, it certainly is NOT dry.
The "Tape" is removed leaving the sticky film.
Per the rules "sticky fluids/sprays" are allowed, the means of applying it is not defined.
As a member of the Rules Committee, this would be my interpretation.
Perhaps we can just let it rest now?
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Amen!
ptsullivan

Post by ptsullivan »

For a second there I though we were going to ban the use of tape in combat.

Its back to tissue and dope for the lot of you!
ZenManiac

Post by ZenManiac »

ptsullivan wrote:For a second there I though we were going to ban the use of tape in combat.

Its back to tissue and dope for the lot of you!
Previous insensitive comment deleted by the author

(Edited by Lightning to remove new Forum formatting errors)
Which_way_is_up

Post by Which_way_is_up »

"Cabin Fever" is starting early this year! [:0]
THend

Post by THend »

I was thinking the same thing Roy....

It is that time of year.... for most everyone..

Keyboard combat....
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Maybe we can fight Cabin Fever by everybody asking Santa for Real Flight G5 http://www.eboyztoyz.net/index.php?op=s ... &sku=11127 for Christmas so we can have virtual combat! I know y'all have been very good boys this year[:D]
boiler

Post by boiler »

I got mine installed just before I came to CA. Plan to chase real tail tomorrow instead of fictional tail.[;)]
CMichael

Post by CMichael »

Well here is my last thoughts on this,as I realise that any chance of a rule change is a number between zero and nil..

But all I was suggesting was putting a bit more competition into the competition..

I can imagine what you sticky advocates would do to the rules of other sports..

Golf..simple game..just take this little ball and place it in this hole..one problem ,the two are 400 yards apart..your rules
..make the hole 36 inches in diameter..after all don't we need all the help we can get?? and just think of the new
golfer as he pars his first hole..the twinkle in his eye and the smile on his face would make it all worth while!! But the hole
is not that size and only a hand full of players in the world really play it well, but for some reason it is one of the most
popular sports ever..

Bowling..Take this ball and knock down the 10 pins..your rules..make the ball 36 inches in diameter!!..now just roll it down
the lane and you can't help but get a strike every time!!..Oh the twinkles!!

I for one will never use sticky even in a combat event were everyone else is using and I will probable never win an event..
because the advantage of sticky is large..but what ever my score is,I know that I will have genuinely cut every ribbon..

I have said everything I can to you sticky guys as to what it is doing to the sport of combat flying..if flying sticky
is what you need to get a high score, then so be it..

As for this turd..go ahead and flush..I am done..
Dane McGee

Post by Dane McGee »

Sorry Dog, but I got a headache tryin to read your last post.

.....................Ummm been flyin combat long have ya??
o1moregil

Post by o1moregil »

Charles don't feel bad dude, if you think its an advantage to use sticky just go ahead and use that advantage, I think most of use try to use an advantage whether its in a motor, airframe, etc (as long as its legal) I do, and I think most of the pilots here do too. Heck I used to use bikini wax on my LE because it was stickier than anything out there ; ) ? Till.....honey what happend to your legs?