Camship Video Project

Club combat? Dogfighting with buddies? Let's hear about it!

Moderator: hbartel

MLaBoyteaux

Post by MLaBoyteaux »

I just can't resist. I put some of the better flight shots of the top secret plane in one file. It's 4 minutes long, but it's about 16MB. The compressed file isn't as clear as the DVD version, but it get's the point across.

http://www.laboyteaux.com/Camship/Flight_Shots_HiQ.wmv
boiler

Post by boiler »

You young whipper snappers can really do some neat things. I suppose you're gona use that as an excuse why you weren't prepared for Paris and let a yankee geezer steal your streamers.[:D][:D]Nice work Mark.
RH

Post by RH »

Sweet [:D] I thought you were gonna cut him a couple of times [:p]

rh
MLaBoyteaux

Post by MLaBoyteaux »

Actually, I did cut the streamer! There were a couple of close passes where my sphincter tightened up quite a bit. Then on one pass, Lee started a left turn when he was leading and to my right. Mike had the camera pointed to the right and we could see the streamer fluttering off my right wing, then the streamer suddenly slides across the plane and through the prop. Sweet. At Paris, I think all we'll be able to do is cruise back and forth on the outside of the main combat zone pointing the camera back at the zone and hope we get something cool.

We're now using a 13" color TV for a monitor to view the live video feed. I suspect this will be one of the main attractions at Paris, because you'll be able to watch the combat from the air in real time. Maybe we'll have to charge admission!
RH

Post by RH »

Great project! Now if we could get somebody to pony up a 40" flat screen you could charge admission!!

rh
MLaBoyteaux

Post by MLaBoyteaux »

What happens when 2 pilots try to share a single frequency at the same time. Also known as the
<font color="red"><font size="5">"Last Flight of the Camship".</font id="size5"></font id="red">[:(][xx(][:(][:(!][xx(]

1:30 duration, 12MB
http://www.laboyteaux.com/Camship/final_flight.wmv
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

That's a tragedy, Mark! I am so sorry, that was such a great project and I know how much you and the guys worked on that![:(][:(][:(]

Major bummer ...
Ed
Hat Trick

Post by Hat Trick »

Man what a drag! I was really looking forward to seeing the camship at the Nats!

To bad the camship couldn't die a manly death by being T-boned by a combat plane. Going down from radio problems is like a fighter getting shot down by some guy with a pistol!

The Paris DVD may be a classic when it comes out.
boiler

Post by boiler »

[:(][:(][:(]Shxx is expected to happen in combat. It's not supposed to happen in the arts such as cinema. A real shame Mark. Have you been able to asses damage to the equipment?
THend

Post by THend »

OH man! I got to make one of those! Too cool! Sorry bout the crash, but being a combat junkie, we all know how to build again!

Return to “Sport Combat Issues”