SpecB Kits

Club combat? Dogfighting with buddies? Let's hear about it!

Moderator: hbartel

Jimbo

SpecB Kits

Post by Jimbo »

I'll have some at the next GRUN combat meet in Beaumont. They will be $45.00 and will include...
1- Black Bat
1- 4oz. slant tank
1-.25 Dave Brown motor mount
2- Blue Foam wing cores
4- 1/8 FG Rods (spars)
2- 3/16 FG rods (leading edge rod)
No covering tape or aileron included.
thojo

Post by thojo »

what about tail feathers?
BigCountry

Post by BigCountry »

They go on the back of the plane Joe [:p]

Oh you want to know if they're included? Well I think since everybody has different ideas on shapes or what not we could probably include a template for what we use but I don't know that Jimbo plans to include the coroplast.....

Initially at least these will be short kits....what Jimbo mentioned is what you get....We've both been really busy and have not had the time to put together a good instruction package so we might be able to post some general stuff and help anyone that needs it....
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Tail feathers are free in most places. I get mine from election signs and other similar things.
thojo

Post by thojo »

Yeah, but it ain't November yet, they might not have thought ahead last November and stocked up. As for me, I have a couple of 4x8's left!
THend

Post by THend »

Where can I go to see the "Specs"?
BigCountry

Post by BigCountry »

Terry,

This thread on the RCHangout forum pretty well details things...It's got a few pics and some reports on durability and such....

http://www.rchangout.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6724

They're a hoot for sure and have proven very durable over the long haul..
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

we posted at the same time Travis.
BigCountry

Post by BigCountry »

Great minds think alike :-)
gunfighter

Post by gunfighter »

Jimbo / B.C. - What span / chord did you settle on?

Could I get just wing cores? I have a bunch of flat bats / motor mounts left over.

How much for wing cores (about 6 sets)?
BigCountry

Post by BigCountry »

Hey Gun....great to hear from you....

We settled on one piece 48" span 10" constant chord Clark Y airfoiled wings....No joining halves or nothing...We'll glue in rods one nite and cover and finish the next night...Real easy to do two or three at a time. Basiscally the wing/plane you saw Jimbo, Tony and I flying in Houston that day we all got together with the GCRC bunch....

I don't think that should be a problem....do you need/want the rods with them also?

Let me get with Jimbo and refresh my memory on the cost for just the cores or the cores with rods and I'll get back to you hear with that number or Jimbo will...

A bunch of Grun's Beaumont crew, Jimbo and I are planning to head up to Nacogdoches on the first Sunday of October for Cajun's fun fling what you bring meet..It'd be great to see you up there if you could make it...

I'll let you know on that price....
gunfighter

Post by gunfighter »

BC - Thanks. I'm going to try to make Cajun's meet if at all possible. I'll have to find a place to test fly though - we lost our local field at the lake and the next closest is an hour and a half away.
Gun
BigCountry

Post by BigCountry »

Good to hear Gun...I'm sorry I haven't gotten those prices for you yet....I'm pretty sure though that the cores by themselves were $8 which we cut 3" think foam which yields two cores so for one slab/two wings it would be $16 but I'll confirm that with Jimbo to be certain. If you need the rods I think they were $2.50 each so $7.50 per wing for rods or $15 for two wings worth....

As far as Cajun's meet it sounds as though he's going to have to cancel it at his field at least...I'm trying to convince him to let either us or Grun (more centrally located) hold it but we'll see what he thinks...Either way I hope that you can make it over this way sometime soon....

I'll confirm those prices tomorrow night when I play racquetball with Jimbo...
Hat Trick

Post by Hat Trick »

If your intersted in wings with a EPP leading edge let me know. We've found it really reduces damage.
BigCountry

Post by BigCountry »

We've had pretty good luck with the rods with the leading edge rods we've been flying thus far but I might consider trying one with an EPP leading edge....

Can you cut them with the leading edge already "attached" to the blue form portion of the wing so there is no joining involved in the building process?

Return to “Sport Combat Issues”