thanksgiving day

Club combat? Dogfighting with buddies? Let's hear about it!

Moderator: hbartel

Bruce B

thanksgiving day

Post by Bruce B »

Hope you all had a great turkey day.i was outside with the girlfriends family enjoying the day yesterday.about 70 and not a trace of wind.Someone said that they went to a rc plane fun fly a couple of months ago in california.we talked about it for a while and got 5 or 6 people talking and asking me questions then i brought up rc combat.took them in and showed them the website.they loved it and said they wanted to see some of the planes.about 30 minuites later i got back with 4 different planes.I brought my 2548 p-47,corsair,and two ssc planes a hor with a foam wing and a jk aerotech helldiver.i flew the helldiver with a buddy box for almost 3 hours yesterday.5 adults and 4 kids.we were in the middle of about 100 acres with only a barbed wire fence on one side.then i flew the p-47 and put on a show for them.everyone had a blast. much better than setting around trying to pass the time.hope christmas is good weather too[:D]
gsjames

Post by gsjames »

Way to go, Bruce! That's the way to get people interested!

I'm trying to set up a SSC Build Party with some of the FW Thunderbirds. So far I've got 4 "prospects".
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

Thats great Bruce! I hope your christman weather is good also. were are at?
Bruce B

Post by Bruce B »

Beautiful north Texas.another beautiful afternoon after the rain cleared out.A whole gallon of fuel in two days,only one broken prop.
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

wow thats cool!. I hope its clear tomorow here. its been foggy here last few days, it burns off by 10 am.
gsjames

Post by gsjames »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by draftman1</i>
<br />its been foggy here last few days, it burns off by 10 am.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

The central valley (i.e. NAS Lemoore) is the only place that I know of where you can shoot an approach down to 200 - 1/2 and still be VMC but the field is below minimums. We used to be grounded for weeks at a time. I "fondly" remember the 1-line "toolie" fog...[;)]
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

yeap the good ole "Tule fog" its named that from the Tule River. and the Tule indian reservation, the Yokut indians roamed the area by porterville. The fog does get bad on the west side. I causes bad accidents. there was a massive pile up on 99 last year,it was real bad. people driving way to fast. sometimes you cant even see 5 ft in front of your car

Return to “Sport Combat Issues”