SSC -- 2008 Mid-America Combat Championsip

Pump your upcoming event here...location, cost, how many rounds, classes....etc!

Moderator: hbartel

mad

Post by mad »

Ben,
Pam and Matthew are coming with me this time. So you and Chris can work something out.
barracuda

Post by barracuda »

SISSIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............HOTEL ROOMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............................................CAMP............FIRE................BEER................................COMBAT...........................UGNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
boiler

Post by boiler »

I haven't got a room yet for Jackson. I'm getting ready to go to Beaver Dam ,WI and fly against Dr. Evil at his home field. I ain't chicken like some Southern boys I know. We will battle for the Beaver at BARF field like REAL men.[;)][}:)]
Lou Melancon

Post by Lou Melancon »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by boiler</i>
<br />.... I ain't chicken like some Southern boys I know. [;)][}:)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

No Bob you are certainly not chicken. Turkey maybe, but not chicken.
Captain America

Post by Captain America »

I may have to go just to set around the fire and sing the Beer song with Cuda...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzcEG_JoVuo
AIM

Post by AIM »

Parts of that are just plain WRONG!!!!
Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

All right guys! 1 week to "Start Combat"!

23 sign-ups now, so it's looking like quite a contest, with pilots from all over the U.S. signed up. As far west as Texas, north as Wisconsin, and all the way down to Florida!

So, to everyone out there who hasn't done so already, take this weekend to get your gear checked over and ready to go, and we'll see you next weekend! [8D]
rdc767

Post by rdc767 »

Where are the out of towners staying at? Checked out priceline and looks like a lot of motels.
Ron
Hat Trick

Post by Hat Trick »

Anybody got a street address for the field or maybe the treatment plant for my GPS?
Fred420

Post by Fred420 »

The club field is located at N 35° 45.153' W 88° 52.491'.
barracuda

Post by barracuda »

You can pick up the remains of your first airplane at

N 35 45.154' W 88 52.492'

Regards.................Chris Quinn
Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

Dave's coordinates will get you there. That's dead-center on the run-way. As to a street address,

205 DeLoach Road
Jackson, TN 38305

It should show as the very end of DeLoach Road, just north of the intersection with "Rooker Drive" to the right. Google Maps shows it.

We're working on getting "Mid-America Combat Championship" as one of those "places of interest" in all the GPS units. [:D]
boiler

Post by boiler »

OK Alex, now for the important information. How is the Jackson Air Force/Blood bank. I mean those nasty mosquitoes!!!!!!! Last year wasn't bad,[:)] the year before was horrendous.![xx(] I'm hauling MC Hammer with me but haven't made plans yet as to hotel or van. I need to know if I will be strafed or not.[B)]
crash_out

Post by crash_out »

Bob, it's always a safe bet to bring some off to the field this time of year. They didn't seem too bad today, but they seem to have invited some biting flies to the party that are almost as bad. The new construction at the plant seems to have stirred them up.

On another note, the plan as of now is to have some"Gentleman's Combat" for 3696 on Friday. I don't think there are going to be enough extra people to judge "for real combat," so it seems like it will be more of an informal event rather than a for real thing. I will be there, and I know of at least one other club memeber that will have a plane out, maybe two.
mad

Post by mad »

My son and I will be there fairly early Friday, I don't have a 3696 ( unless someone has a spare one to lend out) so we can help out. Once I get set up and dialed in.

Return to “Upcoming event?!?”