Southern California, Pearl Harbor Classic

Pump your upcoming event here...location, cost, how many rounds, classes....etc!

Moderator: hbartel

THend

Southern California, Pearl Harbor Classic

Post by THend »

Saturday and Sunday, December 12 & 13, 12 rounds of Open B and SSC.

Saturday pilots meeting at 09:45

10:00 Start Combat...

<font color="red"><font size="3"><b>This is going to be brutal....

Bring it...</b></font id="size3"></font id="red">
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Good luck guys! We'll be thinking about you while we are flying at Sherman.

Terry, you need a couple of decent rounds in SSC so you escape the ignomy of DAL[:I][}:)][;)]

Ed
boiler

Post by boiler »

Thanks for the time information. How soon will the field be open for test flights? After my issues in Maryland last month,[:(] I've decided to actually have some test flights.
David Drowns

Post by David Drowns »

The field opens for trim flights at 8:00 on Saturday and 9:00 on Sunday.

It will also be available until dark on Friday provided a member has the gate open. If you plan to get out that soon let us know. I'll try to take off Friday to get some last minute flying in myself.

I've been grounded for the last 5 months so I'll be looking for some makeup on this one.
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

I will be leaving around noon on friday. Its gona be good!
THend

Post by THend »

Bob, keep us posted on your schedule so we can make sure to have the field available to you and any other potential combat visitors.

TH
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

I may have to come out and fly with you guys ... it snowed here in Dallas this morning!![:0]
David Drowns

Post by David Drowns »

It's official...I'm off work Friday!

I'm about 15 minutes from the field so we can accommodate any arrivals.

I'll probably get to the field around 7:00 AM on Saturday.
tmelton

Post by tmelton »

I just completed the count on expected pilots. We are at 26 pilots so far. It looks to be the biggest event of the year. Everyone try to let us know who is coming so we can roll enough streamers and make enough burgers.[:D]

Gary is anybody else gonna make it from Livermore?

Andy is anbody else gonna make it from Exeter?

Bob is anybody else gonna make the long haul?
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

John Zig said he might come down. I will give him a buzz to see if he will be. otherwise its just sheepdawg and I.
boiler

Post by boiler »

At this time the plan is to leave this Wed at 4am est and drive for about 14 hrs. Repeat on Thursday and do what is left on Friday. I will have my cell with me. 419 234 6210. Hope to get to the field in time for checking equipment and test flights.
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

I might cut out a little earlier also, maybe in the AM. I have some stuff I will need to test
Oehrle

Post by Oehrle »

Guys
I am going to have to cancel out. To much going on
around the holidays to get ready let alone take four days
to come down and fly for two days.

I hope this gets moved back to early Dec in the future.

Gary
tmelton

Post by tmelton »

Thats bad news Gary but to be understood for sure. It's a long haul for you anyway. Too bad we shifted to a week later. We will fix that for next year. I was looking forward to seeing you run some SSC with the new Mig. Maybe next time. We are still planning on about 28 pilots so it will be a real barn burner. Sorry you have to miss it.
tmelton

Post by tmelton »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by boiler</i>
<br />At this time the plan is to leave this Wed at 4am est and drive for about 14 hrs. Repeat on Thursday and do what is left on Friday. I will have my cell with me. 419 234 6210. Hope to get to the field in time for checking equipment and test flights.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Bob,

The questions have been coming up about who will be making contact with you to insure that you are all comfortable and have everything you need for you visit. One of us will be contacting you next week and helping you get settled and ready for the event. What hotel are you planning to stay at? We will decide who is closest and can help most. We will likely have a couple get togethers during the weekend to share war stories, repair planes, etc. You will be invited to join us in our activities. Just think you will be able to make up all the tall tales you want to about your combat exploits and we won't be able to verify any of it. Maybe you can even rehearse on the long drive out.[:D]

Please let us know just what you need if anything. We are here to help make sure you have fun considering you are making the LONG haul.

Return to “Upcoming event?!?”