Battle Over Brenham

Pump your upcoming event here...location, cost, how many rounds, classes....etc!

Moderator: hbartel

Quickdraw

Battle Over Brenham

Post by Quickdraw »

Inaugural 2 day combat event in Brenham, Texas. The club field is located between The Birth Place of Texas and Blue Bell Creamery at 2080 Old Navasota Rd. Brenham, Texas 77834. SSC and Limited B will be flown.

Get singed up and make this a good one Gents.

Contact me at traveler1163@hotmail.com
David E. Ebers Sr.
RCCA South Central Rep
Quickdraw #338
Dane McGee

Re: Battle Over Brenham

Post by Dane McGee »

I'll be there. Wouldn't miss it!
Dane "Mad Max" McGee
Greenville, Texas
RCCA Vice President 684
Quickdraw

Post by Quickdraw »

Battle Over Brenham is three short weeks away. Get signed up and make this a good one gentleman!
David E. Ebers Sr.
RCCA South Central Rep
Quickdraw #338
EK

Post by EK »

I got the kitchen pass. Any ideas on motels? Saw an older one, looked like it was close to downtown that had outside assess from the ground floor.
Evan Wenger
Quickdraw

Post by Quickdraw »

Evan, glad you are going to make it!
There are a number of hotels within 10 miles of the field. Super 8 is the closer of them. Several others are located near Lowes, Wal Mart, HEB and several restaurants. We are having a club meeting tomorrow. I'll ask the locals which ones they recommend and report back Sunday afternoon.
David E. Ebers Sr.
RCCA South Central Rep
Quickdraw #338
Quickdraw

Post by Quickdraw »

The only feedback I got from the guys was to stay away from the Knights Inn. The Coach Light in ok. It's been there for awhile, looks remodeled and has outside entry. The Super 8 is a Super 8. I would make reservation ASAP. TAMU graduation is the same weekend and rooms are filling fast.
Our field is rustic. No power or water so come prepared. There may be an issue with the area under the combat zone. It was leased from the city for hay. The leased was voided. I am not sure if it will be cut before the contest. Right now the grass is close to three feet tall. Needless to say air planes will be swallowed by it. Finding parts and pieces will be next to impossible to find. I suggest tethering motors, battery packs, ect.,. Our city liaison will be working next week to get it cut. I will post updates as I get them.
David E. Ebers Sr.
RCCA South Central Rep
Quickdraw #338
Quickdraw

Post by Quickdraw »

Four days away from Battle Over Brenham. Weatherman is being difficult and won't be predicting perfect weather. If anyone has wet weather streamers please bring them with you. If we have to use them, I'll swap out standard streamers for them. I haven't been to the field so I'm not sure if the fly over has been mowed. I doubt it has with all the rain we have had. The pit area and the runway drains well. The fly over area is another story. If you have rubber boots bring'em or don't have a mid air and always land on the runway. Use Bing Maps with the address or the GPS coordinates to locate the field. Google and your vehicle GPS will send you a mile north. I will be at the field Friday afternoon around 2 p.m if anyone wants come by.
David E. Ebers Sr.
RCCA South Central Rep
Quickdraw #338

Return to “Upcoming event?!?”