Battle Over Brenham III

Pump your upcoming event here...location, cost, how many rounds, classes....etc!

Moderator: hbartel

Quickdraw

Battle Over Brenham III

Post by Quickdraw »

Next up for the south is Battle Over Brenham III May 21-22. If the weather holds out we should have the hay pasture cut down below 6 feet. Please get signed up on the contest calendar so we can count heads for vittles.

I am not sure if I'll be mobile enough to make it out. There may be a couple of newbies flying that I would normally help. The club and I will appreciate a helping hand for this contest.

I am not sure what time but the field will be open Friday afternoon for test flights. I'll let you know when I do.

Bring your Strikers out and let the locals give'm a go.

Lee's SSC/B airframe (The Cornette??- reminds of The Flying Nun's head gear) might peak some interest for the electric fliers.
David E. Ebers Sr.
RCCA South Central Rep
Quickdraw #338
Quickdraw

Re: Battle Over Brenham III

Post by Quickdraw »

Less than a week away from BOB III!! Please sign up for the event.

The flying field will be open for practice Friday afternoon at 2 p.m. Herbert and Donrad will be your host.

8,820 minutes till start engines.
David E. Ebers Sr.
RCCA South Central Rep
Quickdraw #338
Quickdraw

Re: Battle Over Brenham III

Post by Quickdraw »

A lot of rain has falling on the field. There are a few low spots in the pit area but most of the pilot line and runway drains quickly. The fly over/retrieval area will be soggy. They hay pasture is not as tall as it was last year in May but not as short as it was in November. BRING YOUR RUBBER BOOTS! Hope to see ya,ll there.
David E. Ebers Sr.
RCCA South Central Rep
Quickdraw #338

Return to “Upcoming event?!?”