HATS OFF TO THE TRIPLE CROWN WINNER LEE

This is where we discuss pilot recognition. What do you do to recognize Sierra Hotel pilots? Tell us your ideas!

Moderator: hbartel

spaddawg

HATS OFF TO THE TRIPLE CROWN WINNER LEE

Post by spaddawg »

Well here I sit in my office trying to wrap up any last minute business before I cut out of here for the 3-day Christmas maylee of Kids and inlaws and I just wanted to take a momment to congratulate Lee Liddle on his Triple Crown Victory this year by taking both SSC, OPEN"B", and 2610 Scale!!
Having shared the same airspace with Lee twice now at the 2003 & 2004 Pearl Harbor Classic in California I can not think of anyone who has work harder than this man for this title!! A job well done Lee!! Well Done!! I think The RCCA needs to build a Special trophy just for this!!!

Merry Christmas LEE!!
And a Very Merry Christmas to you one and all out there in RCCA LAND!!
SPAD DAWG "OUT"
Bert Dodson

Post by Bert Dodson »

I sure do agree with James about the dedication and skill that Lee has shown to all of us and to top it all off he will share his knowledge with anyone who asks. Maybe Lou can arrange for some type of award that recognizes Lees' accomplishment. A race horse that wins the Triple Crown gets put out to stud ,how about it Lou any Georgia Peaches need serviced? Great job, great guy, and a benchmark that will no doubt stand for a long long time.
The Snake

Post by The Snake »

Send him on a free trip to the bunny ranch[:o)]

Or maybe a MAN OF THE YEAR trophy[8D]
Dane McGee

Post by Dane McGee »

Great job Lee! You tha Man!!

Lee has always shared his knowledge and experience and helped many along the way including me......a million thanks Lee!!
The Family Man

Post by The Family Man »

Ditto from the Dirt Patch Crew See you in Paris. Time to step up the competition
BigCountry

Post by BigCountry »

A big congrats to you Lee...The hard work has paid off in a well deserved "triple crown" victory. I'm not an RCCA historian but is this the first one ever?

Either way it's an awesome accomplishment by a great comepetitor and friend...

Way to go Lee!!!!!!
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

Thanks to all of you guys!! It`s been quite a year for sure.

Early in the year my goal was to just compete at a high level in all of the classes. But as I found out that Ten-man, AJ and Wingman were, for various reasons, all taking a lower flight path this year, I knew this might be my only shot at pulling off multiple class wins. Even then I knew a Trifecta would be a long shot. It`s still hard for me to believe that it happened.

I had lots of help along the way form my road trip crew and flying buddies, Tex, Bucksnort and Buttercup. Also everyone I flew with all year has been great and helpfull in every way. It took a lot of miles, contests and heats to get it done, and it never would have happened without all the support.

I`m going to sit down soon and try to put all of the pieces together, look for things that I`ve learned and put it to paper/file. But I do know that it took almost 250 heats and over 20 contests, from the Winter Nats in Feb to Pearl Harbor in Dec, to make it happen.

Thanks for the recognition[:I] Awards and trophies are nice, but eventualy they end up in a box somewhere collecting dust. My real reward is all of the personal bonds formed and the memories made that will last my lifetime and hopefully beyond in the memories of others and the lore of the RCCA.

If you want to know what would mean the most to me, it would be a cool new handle, thought up by my peers, that would somehow mark the event. I came up with Knife three years agao, and it`s been good. But a nickname is always the best if it`s given by your peers.
Thanks again, your friend and worst nightmare, Lee.[8D]
Ben Morrow

Post by Ben Morrow »

Well Lee,

I'd like to throw my congrats in along with all the others in the RCCA group. What an awesome season you have had! But we all know just how much work and travel it takes to do what you have done! The great part is that is is OVER, and you are the "Champ!" I'm not sure if this has ever been done before in the RCCA, but I don't think so? I know I've enjoyed the visits here at my home and you're welcome here again anytime![8] ........ Sit back and just think of what all you've done here. You are the "Champ" in 2610 Scale, Overall Scale, SSC, Open B and Overall Open B! ( I think I have them listed correct?)Not to mention your wins at the Nat's! Buddy you've about done everything you've set out to do and even MORE! Again, Congrats for all you've done for the RCCA by winning so much and showing so many others the secrets it takes to take all those wins!

<font size="3">Hat's Off to Texas! And the fine folks that live there. All you guy's should be VERY PROUD![;)]!</font id="size3">
boiler

Post by boiler »

CHAMP sounds like a good handle to me. It's a title or handle that fits well.[:)]
Ben Morrow

Post by Ben Morrow »

Bob,
Sounds good! After all, the title fits very well! When you've won about everything there is to win....... You can have, and earned a nickname like "The Champ" Not many can "If Any" can say they earned that handle! .... But there's a "Pony Tailed" TEXAN that can![:D][:D]
jj

Post by jj »

Lee,

Congrats. Guess you now need to win all 3 classes in RC comabt AND C/L combat simultaneously[:D]. Or did you already have that in mind.

Regarding the nickname or handle my suggestion is

Lee

Maybe I'm a little off the wall, but when someone can say a first name and have EVERYONE at a contest know Exactly who you mean, that is pretty ominous. We could come up with lots of good nicknames, but at flying fields around the world the name Lee is already known, feared and respected. I'd stick with it.
The Snake

Post by The Snake »

True, true; Lee is
David

Post by David »

Lee,

Congratulations! I, for one, am humbled to have had the honor of being a target for the Big Kahuna![8D]

During one SSC heat at Paris, I was doing my best to snag a streamer when I realized that someone was on my six, matching my every move. Then I recognized the yellow/green Cobra with the "I-smell-blood-and-you're-on-the-menu!" look and, well, let's just say that next year I'll be wearing "Depends" under my jeans... [:0][^]

I think JJ hit the nail on the head; "LEE" is one of the best known names in R/C combat, striking the average pilot with fear, trembling, and loss of bowel control... Much more ominous than "Bucksnort" or "Buttercup."[;)]

Blue skies,

David
Ben Morrow

Post by Ben Morrow »

The "Texas Terror"?? Although "The Knife" Is still very cool!

"Switch Blade", "Sling Blade" , But the guy's are right! You say AJ, enough said! You say Lee or Knife, the same![:(!][:D]
Wingman

Post by Wingman »

Lee, I too want to extend my congrats to your awesome season. You are a great competitor, and are very deserving of the title for best pilot in the top three classes of RC Combat.

I very much am looking forward to next year, not only to swap a few streamers, but to hang with you and the Texans again. There are not many things more fun than a Saturday full of combat in North Texas! :-)

As for nicknames, I have to agree that your name really stands on its own. But to add to the suggestions, he was from Virginia, but "General Lee" seems fitting, seeing how you have attracted so many followers from the south. Heck, with a little beard trimming and the right hat, you might be able to pass at a look-a-like contest! Whatever the group chooses, know you will always be "Lee" to me.

Congrats again,

Eric