Model Aviation Magazine Column

This is where we discuss pilot recognition. What do you do to recognize Sierra Hotel pilots? Tell us your ideas!

Moderator: hbartel

Uh-Oh

Model Aviation Magazine Column

Post by Uh-Oh »

Congratulations to Don Grissom for his new position as Combat Correspondent! His first article in Model Aviation (March '08, page 132) magazine was very well done.

Congratulations Don! I am looking forward to your future articles.
Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

Don,

The article is great! Thank you for taking on the job of writing the Combat Column for the RCCA!

Also our club thanks you for covering our event in the article!

I am already looking forward to the next column! [8D]
slam

Post by slam »

thanks don

great article.....another thankless job you have taken over and succeeded.

slam
drewjet

Post by drewjet »

Great Job Don!!!!

Great to see RC Combat back in the rag. And now I am famous thanks to Don and Alex!
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

Hey Don, great job on the column, it was very nice to see Combat featured in the mag again! Thanks for taking on a very time-consuming task!
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Don,

Thanks for writing the column, it was very well done. What are your deadlines for the next couple of issues? It may make your life easier if we feed you material so you can get broader coverage. Got any plans for upcoming articles?

Thanks again!
Ed
Donduck73

Post by Donduck73 »

Thanks to all of you for your support. I have allready sent in the second article which will be published in May. I have the ideas for the July issue as well. I will be working with contest around the country to get additional information. I do plan on traveling a little more this year. But when I cannot make it to a contest I will need the members help in reporting on them. If you have any ideas or pictures please send them to me I may be able to get them published.
dirko

Post by dirko »

Great job Don. I just got my MA and theat was the first thing I read.
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

If you are going to submit photos, they have to be 300 dpi minimum for AMA.

We'll get you material from LSN to help you out.

We need to see if we can get Mike Ramsey to allow an extra combat article, possibly a 3696 build. I talked to Mike at the NATS 2006 and he seemed to enjoy combat, so he may be more open than the prior editor.
crash_out

Post by crash_out »

That sounds like a great idea. The more exposure we can get, the better. Maybe they could combine the Electrics section with the combat section and cover the 3696 planes. If nothing else, we need a "state of the sport" article that will cover the new class ideas and show some pics of planes from each class.
o1moregil

Post by o1moregil »

I got my issue today, good job Don!!
Air Scharnell

Post by Air Scharnell »

Well done Don...[;)]
I was wondering when and if combat would return too the MA mag.
Keep up the good work.
Captain America

Post by Captain America »

Nice work Don. We have been doing a write up for every event with pics. I like the format RCU uses as it makes it easy for the CD to post results, pics and content. I would suggest that if you would like content from events you cant make it to, either set up a standard write up format here or encourage folks to do the write up on RCU so you can download and customize it. Might make your job easier in the long run.

I talked to the assistant editor about a year ago and he was all excited about an electric combat build. It was the only thing he was interested actually. I tried to get him in touch with slam and drew to get it off the ground but I think he really wanted something delivered in final form rather than doing it himself.

I have been submitting our write ups to the district rep to get some publishing, would you like for us to continue to do that or give you the info first don?
Which_way_is_up

Post by Which_way_is_up »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Captain America</i>
<br />Nice work Don. We have been doing a write up for every event with pics. I like the format RCU uses as it makes it easy for the CD to post results, pics and content. I would suggest that if you would like content from events you cant make it to, either set up a standard write up format here or encourage folks to do the write up on RCU so you can download and customize it. Might make your job easier in the long run.

I talked to the assistant editor about a year ago and he was all excited about an electric combat build. It was the only thing he was interested actually. I tried to get him in touch with slam and drew to get it off the ground but I think he really wanted something delivered in final form rather than doing it himself.

I have been submitting our write ups to the district rep to get some publishing, would you like for us to continue to do that or give you the info first don?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Sean, Don don't spend much time on the web site and so if you want a response you should email him.
Fred420

Post by Fred420 »

What a great article ...... As you can see we were "Dog Tired" after all of the rounds of playing tag and the heat.

Hope to see everyone at the next Mid-America where I can defend my title of "Dead Ass Last" LOL