Tundra Terror VIII - October 6th

tell everyone the results of your combat related event!

Moderator: hbartel

midair02

Tundra Terror VIII - October 6th

Post by midair02 »

The Tundra Terror VIII is in the books. The weather was not looking good when I pulled into the field because it was still raining. But, like the weather man predicted, it cleared up shortly after 8. Our new field's normal layout is to face East when flying. But, the wind was out of the Southwest and forecasted to switch to the West and increase later on. That dictated we set up facing North. No other safe way to fly combat because tail wind launches are an extremely bad idea. SSC was first and we decided to fly all up with 10 pilots. With having 4 of the top 6 pilots competing, the action was fast and furious. I was in the lead after my 7 cuts in round 4, but Andy Runte managed to top that with his own 7 cut round plus streamer points in round 5 to take home the win. After 5 rounds of SSC the scores were:

1. Andy Runte 2608
2. Will Drumm 2220
3. Bill Geipel 1576
4. Leon Olszewski 1260
5. Mike La Pacz 1200
6. Bob Loescher 1060
7. Dirk Oosting 732
8. Terry Van Laanen 664
9. Shaw Carter 532
10. Mark Meyrose 500

After lunch, we flew 5 rounds of GNAT. We had 8 pilots and again flew all up. The wind picked up in the afternoon and launches were interesting. My favorite was Bill Geipel's complete revolution discus launch. Scores were again lower than SSC because of the NO sticky rule and the shorter wingspans, but surprisingly, not that much lower. Andy started off with a 6 cut round and never looked back. At the end of 5 rounds, the scores were:

1. Andy Runte 1912
2. Bill Geipel 1500
3. Will Drumm 1312
4. Mike La Pacz 1280
5. Leon Olszewski 800
6. Bob Loescher 772
7. Mark Meyrose 256
8. Dirk Oosting 240

Standing: Mark Meyrose, Leon Olszewski, Dirk Oosting, Andy Runte, Shawn Carter, Bill Geipel, Bob Loescher
Kneeling: Will Drumm, Terry Van Laanen, Mike La Pacz

Good thing we got all that rain earlier. :D
William "Dominator" Drumm III
RCCA Secretary/Treasurer #713
mlapacz

Re: Tundra Terror VIII - October 6th

Post by mlapacz »

Will,
Thanks for putting on another great event. Your meets are always run so smooth and the food delicious.
I'd also like to thank all the pilots who traveled in to compete at our new field.
I'm looking forward to visiting some of the other club's events next year.
Mike LaPacz
Mike LaPacz
RCCA#1046
Green Bay, WI
boiler

Re: Tundra Terror VIII - October 6th

Post by boiler »

Great meet as usual and the new field is a major improvement.
Bob (Longhaul) Loescher
rcca# 621 RC Combat Geezer
Bring those planes in closer where I can see them.
[url=http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11380][img]http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11381[/img][/url]