LSN 2014

tell everyone the results of your combat related event!

Moderator: hbartel

Ed Kettler

LSN 2014

Post by Ed Kettler »

I stopped by the LSN this afternoon to see a bunch of my old combat buddies and they had 10 pilots for 2948! Great showing for the event, and Round 1 Heat 1 had three twins in the air ... TOTALLY AWESOME sound! David Turner had his F7F Tigercat, Dane McGee flew his Me-410 and David Ebers had his Gekko Japanese night fighter. Some very impressive flying, and some great ingenuity on the planes. Bob Leone's Wildcats are good looking and fly great, and have an innovative fuselage design that splits along the wing line and hides the core fuselage elements.

It was good to see Bruce, Bob, Bill, Dane, Cort, David and the rest of the crew today. The weather looks like it will be great this weekend, so have a lot of fun and get lots of cuts!

Ed
Ed Kettler
RCCA 533/AMA 3739
Ft Worth, TX
Former target tug for the best RC Combat Pilots in the World!
Bruce B

Re: LSN 2014

Post by Bruce B »

Always a great time guys! Thanks to everyone that came out. Was good to see everybody. Glad to see Ed Kettler stop by. We had 10 pilots for scale and it was awesome! Too bad it was cut short by the rain.
Ssc was alo a great turnout. 16 pilots I think it was.
We flew our first limited b event Saturday afternoon and the feedback was very positive. 16 pilots as well so we used the same matrix a ssc. I look forward to more of it. The all up final round was a sight to see and I was happy to be a part of it.
Open b was fast and furious. 10 pilots flew all up.
We only had 4 rounds of scale due to weather but got in 6 of all others.
I flew buttercups quadcopter today and recorded a round of open b from the air. Hope it came out ok and I can't wait to see it.
Lookin forward to next time guys
Bruce Blevins
RCCA# 906
AMA CD# 9031
boiler

Post by boiler »

I just got home. That was one of the best LSN that I have attended. Great job Bruce, David and company.
Bob (Longhaul) Loescher
rcca# 621 RC Combat Geezer
Bring those planes in closer where I can see them.
[url=http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11380][img]http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11381[/img][/url]
o1moregil

Post by o1moregil »

Sunday was a blast !!! I had not flown an open b plane since 2010, almost forgot how fast and touchy they are :shock:

I was happy to see old friends still at it! I will see you guys next time!

Hey Bruce! I have your glow starter, pm adress thru fb so i can send it.
EK

Post by EK »

:D :D Great weekend of flying. Thanks David, Bruce, Jerry and all the Texoma RCers. I thought I knew how WICKED the openB wings were.....but I wasn't even close. Good to see Gil again and watch him make an OpenB wing dance!
Evan Wenger
Dane McGee

Post by Dane McGee »

What a fun Lone Star Nats! :D

It was good to see old friends and make new ones too. Its good to see such a healthy turnout for RCCA Combat .

Scale was fun as always even though the rain cut the day short. Lots of good flying scale airplanes and talented flyers.

SSC was outta sight with a good turnout for this most popular event. The Cobras are hungry for more :twisted:

Limited B was Great! A completely different event than I expected. I enjoyed the ease and power of the class and the mostly pursuit style flying. I think it will be a popular class in Texas.

Open B. What can I say except Wow! Hair on fire flying at its best.

It was a pleasure... Thanks to Bruce, David, Jerry, Paul and all the Sherman Crew.
Well done Gentleman
Dane "Mad Max" McGee
Greenville, Texas
RCCA Vice President 684
wtsidney

Post by wtsidney »

Had a GREAT weekend - Thanks Bruce, David and all of you that were there. It was a BLAST!

Limited B really felt different after flying SSC - plenty of power for yanking and banking and easier to launch. I described it as "Constant Speed Combat"!
Bill Sidney
Round Rock, Texas
RCCA 1036
Quickdraw

Post by Quickdraw »

Great LSN! Thanks to David, Bruce and the Sherman club for all your hard work.
3 twins in first round of 2948 was awesome. The "DaneStang" came out after that. The most leathal and feared scale plane when in Dane's hands.
Nice to see longhaul again. Gil's wings turned hardered than I remembered.
The Rowdy Round Rock gang showed up to battle. Bill, I hope i didnt spoil you with the Avenger wing.

I'll see ya'll in a couple of weeks.
David E. Ebers Sr.
RCCA South Central Rep
Quickdraw #338
boiler

Post by boiler »

Unloaded the gear yesterday. Ready to load stuff for the Toledo show in a pouring rain.I'll get back after the weekend. It was great to see a lot of old faces again. I should see a lot of yankee faces at the show. I usually stock up on fuel and other essentials at the show. Good stuff cheap and a lot of neat new stuff to look at.
Bob (Longhaul) Loescher
rcca# 621 RC Combat Geezer
Bring those planes in closer where I can see them.
[url=http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11380][img]http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11381[/img][/url]
wtsidney

Post by wtsidney »

David, your wing didn't SPOIL my FUN - but NEED avenger wings now - HA HA HA! Thanks.

Got the wing stripped and repairing the damage to it. Will have it back in the air and get George on it.
Bill Sidney
Round Rock, Texas
RCCA 1036
davidturner

Post by davidturner »

I uploaded a ton of pictures to my Gallery 2 profile. 3 Twins in the air was a first for me. What a blast! :evil:

http://rccombat.net/forum/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=11803

ImageImageImage
David Turner
RCCA member #934
AMA Contest Director / Leader Member # 8822
Texoma RC Modeler's member
http://www.texomarc.org/