Texoma Spring Slam

tell everyone the results of your combat related event!

Moderator: hbartel

davidturner

Texoma Spring Slam

Post by davidturner »

10 pilots showed up for today's event. It was an incredible day wind was 5-10 MPH. We had a fun visitor Robert Sauer showed up with his wife And we had a great opportunity to show how we fly here in the Great State if Texas. He did an excellent job of holding his own. Thanks to everyone that showed up and the ones that helped make the day a success.
I will send scores to Rand y for posting. I have 2 photos to upload of what was left of Buttercups and Dane's collision in open b. The motors continued to run all the way to ground. It was quite a spectacle. I will post them in the gallery next chance I get. The internet is not cooperating tonight.
David Turner
RCCA member #934
AMA Contest Director / Leader Member # 8822
Texoma RC Modeler's member
http://www.texomarc.org/
Dane McGee

Re: Texoma Spring Slam

Post by Dane McGee »

It really was an almost perfect day for combat in Texas. Mild temps, sunshine and little wind make for a beautiful spring day.

It was good to meet Robert Sauer and his wife who drove 23 hours from Parkville, MD to experience Texas combat at its best, it was a pleasure having y'all. Thanks for making the trip :D

SSC action was hot as usual and open B was insane. David Ebers was ON! He could not miss. Great flying David!

Thanks David, Paul and Bob Star for making this thing happen. Good job gentlemen.
Dane "Mad Max" McGee
Greenville, Texas
RCCA Vice President 684
Quickdraw

Post by Quickdraw »

Great weather and great combat. What a way to spend a Saturday.
Thanks to David, Bob and the Sherman club for hosting us. (Bruce was AWOL and has been properly scolded).
It was nice to meet our combat brother and wife from the North, Robert.
Congrats to Dane on his SSC win.

Man! My open b plane was dailed in. The can was just right on the header, the needle found it's sweet spot. I had one of those days where everything worked right and couldn't miss.

Special thanks to my little brother Dwight for helping anyone and everyone who needed it.
David E. Ebers Sr.
RCCA South Central Rep
Quickdraw #338
EK

Post by EK »

Great spring weather and lots of fun... Thanks TexomaRC, DavidT,Paul, and BobStarr. Dane's SSC Cobras and David Ebers OpenB Avengers ruled the day with some sierra hotel flying. :lol: Bob Leone won the flagpole award with cheers from the crowd. (AGAIN)
Evan Wenger