2014 NATS

tell everyone the results of your combat related event!

Moderator: hbartel

boiler

2014 NATS

Post by boiler »

Beautiful weather all four days. Nice sky for flying, low winds, temps in the 70's and we had a vendor for lunch. We also had the cival air patrol from Anderson, IN to judge for us. They did a great job so we could work on our planes when we were not flying. We flew 70 heats of combat and were done each day by 4pm and 11 am on Friday. I sent the score sheets to Randy a few minutes ago so you can see all of the scores after he has posted them. We had more Gnat pilots than scale pilots. Several guys saw Gnat combat for the first time and plan on building for the next meet that offers the event. After flying Don Grissom and Bob Star took the cadets up on a buddy box. I think we will have more RC pilots soon with a taste for Combat. Thanks again to Tom Neff for helping to get the CAP into our routine. William Drumm has assisted me the last three years as well as Don Grissom. Next year I will assist William Drumm who will be the official CD for the NATS. I couldn't go out on a higher note with the weather and judges this year. If it hadn't been for the weather I don't kow if I could have survived this year. Thanks for all the cooperatrion and assistance from all the pilots at the NATS during my years as the CD. :D
Bob (Longhaul) Loescher
rcca# 621 RC Combat Geezer
Bring those planes in closer where I can see them.
[url=http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11380][img]http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11381[/img][/url]
KellyB

Re: 2014 NATS

Post by KellyB »

Thank you Bob for all of your hard work. You make it look easy.
Kelly Bryant
RCCA #935
Rock Island, IL
KellyB

Post by KellyB »

Here is a link to the pictures I took this week.
Sorry I didn't catch everyone.
https://plus.google.com/photos/10478643 ... 9L6qYvt9gE

It was a pleasure flying with all of you.

Kelly
Kelly Bryant
RCCA #935
Rock Island, IL
Dr. Kamakaze

Post by Dr. Kamakaze »

A big THANK YOU to everyone involved in making the 2014 AMA NATS the great contest that it was and always is. Bob has run a good meet every year, and I'm sure William will as well in the future based on his meets he hosts in Green Bay. Thanks as well to David Turner for everything he did with the trophies and engines. Don Grissom gives the RCCA and RC combat in general great exposure with his articles in the NATS News and subsequent write-ups in Model Aviation. I hope everyone from the civil air patrol enjoyed themselves, they did a great job judging for us and hopefully we were able to plant the combat seed with them. Mother nature provided us with some of the best weather I can remember in recent history at the NATS...the "July polar plunge" did a nice job of keeping us cool this year with great weather and low winds. I was impressed with the piloting skills as usual at the NATS and the sportsmanship and comradery that our hobby enjoys...we are fortunate to have such a nice group of pilots to fly with.
I hope to have the pleasure of flying with all of you again at the NATS next year,
Andy Runte
aka "Dr. Kamakaze"
-TEAM KAMAKAZE-
RCCA #876
AMA #273119
Andy "Dr. Kamakaze" Runte
-TEAM KAMAKAZE-
RCCA #876, North Central District Rep
AMA #273119
dirko

Post by dirko »

It was great flying with you. Thanks to Bob, William and David. Great event?
Dirko
Dirk Oosting
RCCA# 822
Davenport, Iowa
midair02

Post by midair02 »

Thanks Bob for running the NATS. You've done a great job over the years and I hope I can carry on without any bumps in road. See you all next year.
William "Dominator" Drumm III
RCCA Secretary/Treasurer #713
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

Bob, thanks for the great job running the Nats this year, and in all the years past! Thanks also to David Turner, Don Grissom, and William Drumm for the assistance in running the event, and to William for taking over for next year! Great job Don with the Nats News articles, and David for the trophies and prizes. Overall just another year of fantastic fun, memories, and good times. The flightline had nothing but good people to fly with and share the great experience. I'm always glad that we spent the time prepping, because when it's over, it turns out to always have been more than worth the effort. Just the greatest time flying planes and having a great time! Thanks again!!!!
Scott Gilkey
RCCA# 330