Dogfight Over Dovre 2014

tell everyone the results of your combat related event!

Moderator: hbartel

mlapacz

Dogfight Over Dovre 2014

Post by mlapacz »

I'd like to thank Cathy and Doug for hosting another great contest at their house last weekend. You made Denise and I feel right at home as usual. Cathy, your blueberry pancakes are the best. The weather started out a little soggy on Saturday, but Sunday was great. Congratulations to the pilots who placed. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone in Iowa in 2 weeks. Well, back to my repairs.
Mike L
Mike LaPacz
RCCA#1046
Green Bay, WI
boiler

Re: Dogfight Over Dovre 2014

Post by boiler »

I too would like to thank Doug and Cathy for their hospitality. I didn't make Rockford on the way home but did make north Madison. On Monday the traffic was light and the work zones were work free. The state police just sat on the side of the road unlike Friday when they had lights running. When I got to Chicago it started to warm up so I turned on the air conditioner which died. It was a hot trip the rest of the way home. I tried to get some gas in the system but it wouldn't take any. I have an appointment after breakfast tomorrow to have it checked out. It might be the rear evaporator and if it is, I hope we can by-pass it as I have only used it once in 9 years. I'm going to Cinci this Sunday and Iowa the following weekend. I did manage to put in a 80x20 piece of lawn (added 6.5 yards of dirt), pick 20 gallons of grapes, and clean out more fence row this last week. I only need to replace one SSC wing for Sunday.
Bob (Longhaul) Loescher
rcca# 621 RC Combat Geezer
Bring those planes in closer where I can see them.
[url=http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11380][img]http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11381[/img][/url]
lightning

Post by lightning »

Jill & I would like to add our thanks to Doug & Kathy for another great combat weekend. Weather did not look good Saturday morning but we made it.
Good crowd, good food and great competition.

And hey Bob,
The refrigerant line to the rear air on the Chrysler minivans has a habit of corroding away near the left rear wheel arch.
If you don't need it, fold and crimp or otherwise cap the line under the hood that goes to the rear, then have the system refilled.
Keith Jones
AMA CD #7601
Radio Control Club of Detroit
and proud member of the OGC
Dr. Kamakaze

Post by Dr. Kamakaze »

Thanks to Cathy and Doug for a fabulous weekend of RC combat. We are fortunate to fly with such a nice group of pilots. I'm slowly trying to get ready for Iowa in a couple weeks. I replaced a piston and sleeve in an old OS engine and breathed some new life into it over the weekend.
Andy "Dr. Kamakaze" Runte
-TEAM KAMAKAZE-
RCCA #876
AMA #273119
Andy "Dr. Kamakaze" Runte
-TEAM KAMAKAZE-
RCCA #876, North Central District Rep
AMA #273119
midair02

Post by midair02 »

Thanks Doug and Cathy for hosting another great weekend. The weather wasn't perfect, but we got er did. As always, lots of fun and more stories from the Brass Rail. :lol:
William "Dominator" Drumm III
RCCA Secretary/Treasurer #713
WingNut

Post by WingNut »

Thanks so much for the kind words here. I appreciate everyone's patience waiting for the rain to clear on Saturday, but we were able to get in 10 rounds of SSC and 4 rounds of GNat, so things moved pretty well after the rain stopped. We were also able to get in a full 10 rounds of Limited B on Sunday.

Cathy and I love to have everyone come to our house and play. We really appreciate those who traveled long distances to join us here in northern Wisconsin!!

Also, my apology for getting the score sheet to Randy kinda late. My scanner laid an egg and it was a huge PITA to get it working. I was beginning to think I'd have to buy a new one, but finally got software re-loaded and it came around.

Again thanks to all who were able to join us for the Dogfight over Dovre!!!
Doug Goldman
RCCA 458