Jetero Joust Results

tell everyone the results of your combat related event!

Moderator: hbartel

Dane McGee

Jetero Joust Results

Post by Dane McGee »

After several years, RC Combat once again filled the skies over the beautiful Jetero RC Club field near Houston, Texas. Our goal for this event was to introduce combat once again to a club that in the past had a strong strong core combat group that faded away 5-7 years ago.
With a little arm twisting Pat Willcox agreed to host the event and do what he could to get new club members interested in RC Combat. It was a success! Spectator activity was high and a lot of info was exchanged with upcoming combat pilots. The club agreed to host another event same time next year and I bet there will be several local flyers in the mix. :D

The remnants of a Pacific hurricane dumped inches upon inches of rain on the Houston area just two days before the event. Thanks to the expert design of the field and drainage systems no water remained on the immediate runway or pit area. The sod was soggy, but it was a welcome change from the dusty flying sites of the drought parched North Texas Area.

Pat Willcox and the Jetero club really made us feel at home with their south Texas hospitality. Thanks Pat and crew.

Saturday started off with hot SSC action in the morning followed by fierce Limited B flying in the afternoon. SSC Combat was world class as 2 points separated 1st and 2nd place! :shock:

After 6 rounds, results of SSC are:

Dane McGee 2356
David Ebers 2354
Bill Sidney 1500
Bob Leone 1260
Court Jarrett 438
Bob Starr 403

6 rounds of Limited B:

Dane McGee 2984
Bill Sidney 1740
Bob Leone 1692
David Ebers 1320
Court Jarrett 1164
Bob Starr 920

Sundays Scale action was a crowd pleaser with beautiful warbirds battling in a cloudless sky.

Scale 2948 6 rounds:

Dane McGee 1944
David Ebers 1380
Bob Leone 1196
Court Jarrett 834
Bill Sidney 352

Gentlemen, it was a pleasure to fly combat with such a fine group of pilots at first class combat destination. Thanks to those who went the diistance to make this happen.

Many thanks!

Dane "Mad Max" McGee
Greenville, Texas
RCCA Vice President 684
Quickdraw

Re: Jetero Joust Results

Post by Quickdraw »

Thoughts and prayers for two combat pilots that did not make contest due a loss in their family

Thanks to Pat and the Jetero club for hosting combat. Plenty of shelter and an air conditioned club house is hard to beat. The soft ground saved at least two of my planes from destruction.

Congrats to Dane on the clean sweep. I think I speak for all when I say there needs to be a rule that you are not allowed to go bird hunting the week before a combat contest.
Congrats it Bill Sidney on podium finishes in SSC and Limited B.
I appreciate Bob L's help getting my Tony back into the air.
Thanks to my brother Dwight for being our official unofficial plane/pilot wrangler. I hope to have him chasing streamers next year.

See y'all at the Texoma Nats. 45,120 minutes till start engines!
David E. Ebers Sr.
RCCA South Central Rep
Quickdraw #338