SPAD Combat designs and discussions
For more, visit http://www.spadworld.net

Moderator: hbartel

RCAMERICA

SPADFEST 2004 SPADS INVADE RANTOUL (IL)

Post by RCAMERICA »

<center>Hi everyone its official!!!!</center>
<center>SPADS INVADE RANTOUL (IL)</center>
is soon approaching. You can go to this page to see some details about the event, see pics of last years events and keep updated. Another page will be popping up as well by the hosts, the Suburban R/C Barnstormers, Inc.

http://spadworld.net/spadfest.html is our page to keep folks updated. In addition, there are several threads on the forum which will point you in the right direction if you plan to attend.

Those interested in reading more can check this thread area for any information or to ask any questions about this years event. Also, if you do plan to attend, if you haven't you need to check in here (SEE FOLLOWING LINK) (You have to log in to the forum to sign this list) http://spadworld.net/viewtopic.php?t=7079.

A couple sponsors such as Plastic Concept Planes and Boogerboy Hobbies and more will be on hand as well. Plan on having fun, meeting good folks-the originators of this madness and taking away great memories that are sure to inspire and keep your R/C fire lit for some time to come whether you SPAD OR NOT!!!

Keep in mind you should have a current AMA membership as I believe this will be a sanctioned event and if you're from abroad the U.S. have your respective membership with you on hand. If you don't have one this doesn't mean you can't attend of course! Just show up and have fun!!

There will be lots of knowledgable people there to help you if you dont understand something in the SPAD craze

Please don't ask me specific questons regarding the event, as I am only a messenger and not involved with the setting up of the event. Any and all questions should be asked in the threads mentioned.

Look forward to more updates as the time nears and have a great time if you go!!!

If ADMIN/MODS think this is innappropriate, please move it to the respective area you deem most appropriate-however I thought this was the most fitting area for the best exposure for this great ever-growing event!!

Chuck

http://spadworld.net
Admin/Webmaster

"If your enemy is in range, so are you."
Autopilot

Post by Autopilot »

RCAMERICA

Thanks for plug for Spadfest. I am a member of the Suburban R/C Barnstormers and I am one of many that are working to put this event together. The sanction has been submitted and we are working on smaller details.

I was told that the hotel rooms reserved at the Fanmarker are going fast so make your reservations soon. We are planning on having a BBQ on saturday night and, if the hanger is empty, some indoor flying (electric) at night.

All SPADDERS are welcome. As RCAMERICA said AMA is required. Please read over the AMA saftey code. Also, gas ignition engine are becoming more popular with the SPADDERS. All of these types of engines must have an external kill switch.

We will post more details as they become available.

Jeff P
Autopilot

Post by Autopilot »

Chris

We to were affected by the spinner rule. Fortunately someone in our group had some extra AMA approved spinner nuts. We are trying to get together to iron out some of the details concerning safety. Since it will be an AMA sactioned event I can say for sure that the AMA safety code will have to be following. In addition to the AMA safety code we will probrobly incorporate certain parts of the IMAA safety code. The kill switch requirement is a IMAA requirement not a club requirement. In the near future we will post more specific rules.

We need to make sure that we don't over-regulate anyone to the point that it no longer fun but we do need to make safety a priority.

Jeff P.

P.S. I think the AMA rule concerning spinners actually states that you can't have "exposed threads" not that you have to have a spinner. Can someone let me know where I can find info?
Autopilot

Post by Autopilot »

Chris

Thanks. I thought that it referenced the bare threads of the crankshaft but could not remember where. It looks like it only pertains to racing.

I am going to see Scott Hurley at the dome tonight and will try to get a meeting setup to discuss these kind of issues. I would like to see them posted in plenty of time so everyone can either comply or change our way of thinking.

Jeff P
RCAMERICA

Post by RCAMERICA »

The SpadFest 2004 Spads Invade Rantoul was a great sucess! Thanks to the hosts the Barnstormers and all involved. There were lots of pictures, and video take as well as t-shirts and caps offered. If no-one updates this info, I will as soon as I can with some links to some pics. Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW I don't think any of these issues even cropped up their little heads at the event-awesome!!![:D]

Chuck

http://spadworld.net
Admin/Webmaster

"If your enemy is in range, so are you."

Return to “Simple Plastic Airplane Designs (SPAD)”