Western Colorado Slope Challenge

Moderator: hbartel

Arbo

Western Colorado Slope Challenge

Post by Arbo »

COME JOIN US AT THE 2005 WESTERN COLORADO SLOPE CHALLENGE IN BEAUTIFUL MONTROSE, COLORADO

The 2005 Slope Challenge will be held on Sat/Sun May 14 - 15, 2005. Open flying on Friday May 13.

Events will include wing combat, warbird/scale combat, wing racing, 60 inch warbird/scale racing, 48 inch warbird/scale racing, open flying and "hare & hound" fun event. The WCSC will take place on Flat Top just outside of Montrose, with 400 feet of near vertical slope. Lunch is included for all contestants on both May 14 and 15 (donation for lunch for non-contestants). Distinctive prizes will be awarded to the top placing survivors on the afternoon of the 15th.

AMA Membership is required, bring your card. Rules are similar to those used for the Midwest slope challenge for the combat events, and slope racing. Rules will be posted on the MMAA web site and Colorado Gliders at www.mmaa-modelairplanes.org and www.coloradogliders.com. A map and information on Flat top is also located on the coloradogliders.com web site.
Lou Melancon

Post by Lou Melancon »

Arbo,
Thanks for posting your event, it sounds great. Hopefully some of our members will come to it.
RH

Post by RH »

Does enough wind boil up that slope so I can fling my open B ship over the edge without firing her up? Sounds like fun!

rh
The Snake

Post by The Snake »

Sloping is so much fun. I need to build my scale sloper.

Return to “Everything about slopers and slope combat”