the easiest points of all?

Tell us how you go in for the kill. You'll find the latest combat strategies here.

Moderator: hbartel

lightning

Post by lightning »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by TheKid</i>
<br />In my experience one of the hardest things to catch is someone doing low circles, slow or fast doesn't matter. Its just so hard to get in behind them and line up with them without risking your plane or theirs...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">This from the Kid who wants a 1" smaller prop so he can go 1/2" lower before he hits the deck [:D][:D][:D]
TheKid

Post by TheKid »

no, correction, i want a 1" smaller prop so that i can audibly intimidate you keith (not that its hard), the being able to be 1/2" lower is just an added bonus :D duh
lightning

Post by lightning »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by TheKid</i>
<br />no, correction, i want a 1" smaller prop so that i can audibly intimidate you keith (not that its hard), the being able to be 1/2" lower is just an added bonus :D duh
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Ooooh Brian, that's TWO big words in the same sentence. Glad to see that Colij ejucashunn is paying off.
Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

<br />In my experience one of the hardest things to catch is someone doing low cirles, slow or fast doesn't matter. Its just so hard to get in behind them and line up with them without risking your plane or theirs...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
To me this is the most exciting part! There was a lot of this type flying at the LSN'08 (and yes, at least a few hit the deck by accident [:D]). There were also several rounds at the Dixie Nats with some long battles 3' off the ground. It's good stuff! [:)]
Bruce B

Post by Bruce B »

I agree that the low one on one flying is the most exciting part.but if you dumb thumb your plane into the ground and still have streamer you get points. if the guy behind you doesnt crash and pulls back up into the furball then gets his streamer taken,he gets no points.even though he followed you to the ground,made you crash(thats what always happens to me),and went on to finish the round without a cut,he gets nothing.you outscored him by crashing and not flying the whole round.i have been beat by these extra points at contests.although no one i know uses this method to score around here,it is possible to do. i think that the guys still flying at the end should have more reward than those who go in early.even if it wasnt their fault.
Cross Check

Post by Cross Check »

I've got some old 2610 History,

If any one is Interested.

It is so Old, (Everyone say it...HOW OLD WAS IT ! ! ! )

So Old, That ScottG was Aparent(get the pun?)ly a very much Better Pilot than a very, very, young Brian, and was by far the Pilot to beat among all of us mere Mortal 2610ers that Match.
There was a wicked field of 2610s and Scott was 'THE' One to Beat.
(Number One, Thunder, and Allot of great Others, who were ALL present, Fearfull and Scared of the Great Gelkie... And seemed to hope for Heats not flying against the Flawless Scott G, and his pantyhose covered balsa P-51s...

Scott got a distant 3rd that Match and Rumour says he Now prefers wearing Ladies' Nylons/and has shunned Balsa forever ?
(I was there and I think that could be the Truth , As far as I know ? ? ? ? )

Me? It was my first Match. Got there to test fly my plane early and got all the help in the world I could ask for. Still did get 'blown away ' by everyone else, but learned how much fun Scale Combat Flying is. (3rd last is more fun, if you let it happen naturally ! ! ! )
I DID have a last streamer left that Day, late One Round, and I was 2-3ft off of the tops of the corn field... And Brian somehow still undercut my streamer, within the last 10 seconds... WOW !

And that was Brian's First Match Win at age ?What?

I keep learning every time,

R/C Combat is the most fun you can have with a model airplane.

And, If, you get a Chance...
Pit next to Don'Hollywood', and have even more of a Laugh...

Take care,
Have fun,
Dave'crosscheck'Fallowfield
Maac 6437
Unabashed Combat Team
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

I do recall a different set of circumstances at the NATS several years ago. A competitor could not get an engine to run very well, and to get points he had his "launcher" run up to the line and throw the plane over to get 120 points.
Bruce B

Post by Bruce B »

what can be done to fix this? not that it is a problem now,but if i did see it happen in front of me,i would not be happy.shouldnt the guys still flying at the end of the round get more points for staying up longer even if they dont have streamers?i say switch the rules,140 for a full flight and 20 for a full streamer.then you would have more incentive to stay out of the dirt.[?]not that you wanted to be there to start with[;)].
lightning

Post by lightning »

Bruce, if you want my honest opinion I don't think it has been enough of a problem for it to be addressed.
It happens so infrequently that I'm not sure there is much of an appetite for a rules change at this time.
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

I agree with Keith ... don't try that tactic on the 13th ... I'll be watching you![;)]
TheKid

Post by TheKid »

Im with the other guys, don't bother. I've never seen someone land on purpose. I've crashed and seen others crash when evading down low, and its just part of the game, usually it gets a good laugh out of everyone else...

I think it would encourage guys to avoid combat if they got so many points just to stay in the air. There would be a bunch of guys just cruising around with 1-2 minutes left to save the plane and get the easy points...

And less streamer points has been done (4-5 years ago it was changed from 2pts/ft to 4pts/ft) to encourage people to protect their streamer. I think that change really upped the level of defensive flying, it made people actually think about saving their streamer.
Bruce B

Post by Bruce B »

Hey Ed you just watch your tail on the 13th.[:0]I will be bringing the corsair with the .28 this time. we can race again,but i think you are still going to win with that electric beauty you have.I will try to point out to you this weekend more directly what i am trying to say about the points thing,but any plane i put in the ground wont be mine[}:)]
lightning

Post by lightning »

Hey Bruce - go get him. He's approaching Old Geezer status along with many of the rest of us!!
Vapor52

Post by Vapor52 »

Approaching?! You left it way behind a loooong time ago-----rick
boiler

Post by boiler »

SAFETY!!! After your plane starts to respond funny, it is in the interest of safety to land. This can happen after a mid-air when it seemed to respond OK and you re-engaged or it could happen if you have a Rx pack that is failing. I've had both happen. The 120 points aren't worth the danger but a newer guy might not realize it and try to keep it in the air because they would lose those points. I've seen others as well as myself land with streamer to restart and not make the safety line. No intent to steal points but it happened. I agree with the others that is not a big issue. Just rib the pilot if it looks deliberate and it will go away.

Return to “Tactics and Strategies”