the easiest points of all?

Tell us how you go in for the kill. You'll find the latest combat strategies here.

Moderator: hbartel

Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Keith, if the threshold for OGC is 50, then I've been there for a couple of years.

(Ed, my apologies, I hit the "Edit" button instead of the "reply with quote". Not yet used to all my new powers!!
I don't recall all of your original post so I can't restore it I'm afraid.
I know there was a mention of BruceB not being allowed a .28 at the event. I assume this is 2548??

Keith J)
lightning

Post by lightning »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ed Kettler</i>
<br />Keith, if the threshold for OGC is 50, then I've been there for a couple of years.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
So "approaching" was in fact the correct terminology. [:D]
Three more years Ed, just three more years!
Senior discounts at Tim Horton's donuts (if you are ever near one) [:D]
Fred420

Post by Fred420 »

I just had my 55th on Sunday the 7th. You guys make me feel old [:D] Good thing I still have that pretty and young look. [:I]
But, now I can get my Senior Citzen discount and if that does not work, i can lay that AARP card on them. Only 10 years to go till retirement and then.............full time combat. [8D]
tmelton

Post by tmelton »

The most fun I had this last combat was taking it down on the deck with David Drowns chasing me. That was such a rush. Big fun but I'd say a pretty long minute or two. I'd also have to say that the crowd was pretty into that little duel as well. I could hear all the chants & cheers.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by THend</i>
<br />I have had to land early..ran out of fuel, but not an intentional ditch. Lone Star Nats, Manta, last round got a cut on Kraut, pumped up from the left, came around and ran out of fuel. He never had the chance to get his streamer back. One of the best duels I have ever been in, an I ran out of gas...[:(]

Do it once intentionally, I might have mercy upon you. But not much respect.. You will be ribbed like crazy..

What do you do?

Take'r down on the deck, and make them crash trying to get you. It'll be the most intense xxxxx amount of time you have flown, especially when you have guys like Sean Galt (RIP), Pete Sullivan, Doctor Evil, Lee Liddle, David Drowns, EITHER OF THE ALBERT BROTHERS, and anyone else that is FREAKING CRAZY and will go down on the deck with you. Remember, you only have to fly YOUR plane low, they have to fly their plane low AND look for your plane too! Out here, you pop-up for a moment, and it could be all over with.

Remember, if you are the Fox..all the spectators are on your side...until you get cut and then they cheer the Hound....

I won't land willingly....
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
cosmo64

Post by cosmo64 »

Todd - I have to agree having David Drowns chasing me was the highlight and when I almost stuffed mine and he did stuff his was quite the crowd pleaser. The trouble is that you guys with the Migs have a speed advantage and also have more vertical than Tim and I with the Battle Axe's. So there we have to fly a little different than the Migs. It was a great weekend and an absolute blast, can't wait untill the next event. BTW - I left my starter and glo igniter on the start bench - If you find it please let me know.

Glen K
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Imagine having Brian Gilkey locked on your "six" for 4.5 minutes like I did at the NATS in 2548. I went through everything in my bag of trisks and invented a few more that round, including some low level trying to use my few extra inches of height advantage (then, not now!!!) to fly through some low spots. Great fun, serious pucker factor.
Bruce B

Post by Bruce B »

(I know there was a mention of BruceB not being allowed a .28 at the event. I assume this is 2548??

Keith J)

i know rules is rules and all,but the corsair with the .28 is the only 2548 plane i have ready right now.it's heavy and wont even hit 14000 so you arent going to get outrun, but outflown?my work life is getting in the way of my hobbies.i will bring this plane and hope to fly with you,but if you guys dont like the .28 idea then i will have to sit out 2548[:(]
I dont think i could stand to watch from the spectator area
tmelton

Post by tmelton »

I thought the starter was yours. The last time I just left a starter at the feild that somebody forgot it got taken. This time I picked it up. I have it here in my garage. I will drop it by the store tomorrow.

Todd

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by cosmo64</i>
<br />Todd - I have to agree having David Drowns chasing me was the highlight and when I almost stuffed mine and he did stuff his was quite the crowd pleaser. The trouble is that you guys with the Migs have a speed advantage and also have more vertical than Tim and I with the Battle Axe's. So there we have to fly a little different than the Migs. It was a great weekend and an absolute blast, can't wait untill the next event. BTW - I left my starter and glo igniter on the start bench - If you find it please let me know.

Glen K
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

I remember that chase, Ed, it was humorous as heck to watch, and the look of satisfaction on your face was a joy to behold, I wish I had had a camera handy.

It's very fun to watch the pressure guys with no throttle try to cut someone who has throttled back and headed for the weeds. Doc Evil is a master at this, he will go after the tiniest nub, fly as low as it takes, fly around trees, WHATEVER, the man has ice in his veins and isn't afraid of ANY target.

It's also fun to see guys who go under the streamer and try to pop UP to cut it- often they will auger in, but occasionally they will snag a wing tip, cartwheel thru the weeds, and fly out of it. I recall seeing Jay lawless do that once, his plane disappeared into the weeds, we could hear it, and it ended up flying out of them! I wouldn't dare attribute that to Jay's skills, though if it had happened to me, it would natrually have been due to my skillful flying!
cosmo64

Post by cosmo64 »

Thanks Todd !

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tmelton</i>
<br />I thought the starter was yours. The last time I just left a starter at the feild that somebody forgot it got taken. This time I picked it up. I have it here in my garage. I will drop it by the store tomorrow.

Todd

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by cosmo64</i>
<br />Todd - I have to agree having David Drowns chasing me was the highlight and when I almost stuffed mine and he did stuff his was quite the crowd pleaser. The trouble is that you guys with the Migs have a speed advantage and also have more vertical than Tim and I with the Battle Axe's. So there we have to fly a little different than the Migs. It was a great weekend and an absolute blast, can't wait untill the next event. BTW - I left my starter and glo igniter on the start bench - If you find it please let me know.

Glen K
lightning

Post by lightning »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bruce B</i>
<br />(I know there was a mention of BruceB not being allowed a .28 at the event. I assume this is 2548??

Keith J)

i know rules is rules and all,but the corsair with the .28 is the only 2548 plane i have ready right now.it's heavy and wont even hit 14000 so you arent going to get outrun, but outflown?my work life is getting in the way of my hobbies.i will bring this plane and hope to fly with you,but if you guys dont like the .28 idea then i will have to sit out 2548[:(]
I dont think i could stand to watch from the spectator area
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">[V][V][V] Hate to break this to you Bruce, but as you say "Rules is rules". If the CD allows you to fly a plane with more than a .25 in it in a 2548 event then the event cannot be classed as an official RCCA event for points purposes. If the rest of the pilots don't care, then go for it.
We need to get that rule change through that I proposed a year ago, (but gained no traction) that you have, (or soon will), resubmitted !!.
Your best bet is to see if anyone can lend you a 25FX for the day [?]
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

I'll bring you a spare engine. If you want to meet half way between Sherman and Plano Wednesday evening we can do that.

Just remember, you break it, you buy it!!!!
Bruce B

Post by Bruce B »

Ed, thank you ,i do not know yet what this week of evenings holds for me. all i really need for my fx is a needle valve,but i dont have another airframe ready right now. the corsair isnt actually my plane, so i will have to leave it alone. i'll still bring it so we can test it.

Keith, if you can e-mail that proposal to me, i can get it signed and delivered this weekend.we are running out of time for this year
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

I can bring a needle valve ... call me 469-867-7981 tonight so we can sort this out
lightning

Post by lightning »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bruce B</i>
Keith, if you can e-mail that proposal to me, i can get it signed and delivered this weekend.we are running out of time for this year
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Bruce, I thought you and "Crash-Out" were handling the new proposal and were going to give it to Ed this weekend?
Or am I just confused!
Let me know if you need help.

BTW if you need a 25FX needle, I use these valve bodies with the original needle, O-ring and ratchet.... http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WT ... &search=Go, or,
if you need the whole thing, this
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wt ... XMW56&P=ML will work.

Return to “Tactics and Strategies”