the easiest points of all?

Tell us how you go in for the kill. You'll find the latest combat strategies here.

Moderator: hbartel

Bruce B

the easiest points of all?

Post by Bruce B »

so you are having a good round and have three cuts already and a full streamer with a couple of minutes left.nobody else has a streamer and everyone is going for you. just put your plane into the ground and keep your full streamer.you get 140 for a full streamer but -20 for not flying the full round.or you loose your streamer and get 20 for making the whole 5 min round.i guess this works if you are chasing points,but i try to make the whole round and get everything i can that way.
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Well, if you made a habit of it, it could be considered "unsportsman like" and you could get slapped by the CD. More than likely, everybody would target you early, call you bad names, make obnoxious references to your lack of manliness, and shame you into not being a wimp .... [:D]
o1moregil

Post by o1moregil »

Keeping a full streamer in Texas is imposible, there all gone by the 3rd minute lol!
Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by o1moregil</i>
<br />Keeping a full streamer in Texas is imposible, there all gone by the 3rd minute lol!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Same in Tennessee! But mine's usually gone in a lot less than 3 minutes! [:0]

As Ed said, if somebody dove the plane in just to save their streamer, they'd get called out for their huge lack of manliness. [:D]
Hat Trick

Post by Hat Trick »

A real man plants the streamer on another plane so he has a target to go after!
Cross Check

Post by Cross Check »

HeHeHe, Really Funny Mike !

Although very rare for me, having the last streamer left is the most fun.

I 'hit the deck' and fly as low as I dare, to make the other pilots work for the streamer pts.

Using any terrain/bushes/trees as defensive aids, those last minutes/seconds of a Round are friggin awesome...

Take care,
Have fun,
Dave'crosscheck'Fallowfield
Maac 6437
Unabashed Combat Team
o1moregil

Post by o1moregil »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Hat Trick</i>
<br />A real man plants the streamer on another plane so he has a target to go after!
(Dr. Evil)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D] I like it for a t shirt!
boiler

Post by boiler »

Crosscheck, Mike is an expert at that tactic since many a pilot has found himself in the dirt, a tree, or swamp as a result of chasing him.[;)] I usually associate the dropping the streamer on a plane to give you another target to Kirk.
Bruce B

Post by Bruce B »

I agree that it is unsportsmanlike,weenieish,and all of the other bad things.anyone that has flown with me knows that i am in until the end combat sounds or my plane is in the ground(with no streamer).there was a LOT of times this year that i took no streamer points because i went out early.This was because i didnt understand the rules Ed and some other guys straightened me out about it.Seems like all i have to do is launch my plane and crash(land) it after start combat.This will give me 140 points per round.my round average now is 118 according to the nps. could i do better by not flying?i feel like you should have to fly the whole round start combat to end combat to get remaining streamer points,unless you have a midair. how do you guys feel?
lightning

Post by lightning »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bruce B</i>
<br />I agree that it is unsportsmanlike,weenieish,and all of the other bad things.anyone that has flown with me knows that i am in until the end combat sounds or my plane is in the ground(with no streamer).there was a LOT of times this year that i took no streamer points because i went out early.This was because i didnt understand the rules Ed and some other guys straightened me out about it.Seems like all i have to do is launch my plane and crash(land) it after start combat.This will give me 140 points per round.my round average now is 118 according to the nps. could i do better by not flying?i feel like you should have to fly the whole round start combat to end combat to get remaining streamer points,unless you have a midair. how do you guys feel?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Are you related to AIM (AAAron Snyder)? He is known locally as the "Launch and Ditch King". [:D][:D][:D]
You might get away with it a couple of times, but if it became a habit there are a lot of CDs who would call you on it (me included!)
THend

Post by THend »

I have had to land early..ran out of fuel, but not an intentional ditch. Lone Star Nats, Manta, last round got a cut on Kraut, pumped up from the left, came around and ran out of fuel. He never had the chance to get his streamer back. One of the best duels I have ever been in, an I ran out of gas...[:(]

Do it once intentionally, I might have mercy upon you. But not much respect.. You will be ribbed like crazy..

What do you do?

Take'r down on the deck, and make them crash trying to get you. It'll be the most intense xxxxx amount of time you have flown, especially when you have guys like Sean Galt (RIP), Pete Sullivan, Doctor Evil, Lee Liddle, David Drowns, EITHER OF THE ALBERT BROTHERS, and anyone else that is FREAKING CRAZY and will go down on the deck with you. Remember, you only have to fly YOUR plane low, they have to fly their plane low AND look for your plane too! Out here, you pop-up for a moment, and it could be all over with.

Remember, if you are the Fox..all the spectators are on your side...until you get cut and then they cheer the Hound....

I won't land willingly....
Bruce B

Post by Bruce B »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">and anyone else that is FREAKING CRAZY and will go down on the deck with you.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
everyone that flies in Texas is crazy,except Evan Wenger and Lee Liddle ,they are good enough to take it from you anywhere.
I didnt want to cause a ruckus about this, just thought i would point out what i think is a loophole in the system.
lightning

Post by lightning »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bruce B</i>
<br />everyone that flies in Texas is crazy,except Evan Wenger and Lee Liddle ,they are good enough to take it from you anywhere.
I didnt want to cause a ruckus about this, just thought i would point out what i think is a loophole in the system.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">If it's a loophole, how would you plug it? There are times when folks legitimately have no choice but to land before end combat or even "dumb-thumb" into the ground before the time is up. How do you tell the difference between these folks and those who "may" "sometimes" land early to save their streamer.
The only solution I see is that streamer points only count if you finish the round.
Now let's see what kind of a reaction THAT one gets[}:)][}:)]
Bruce B

Post by Bruce B »

<br />i feel like you should have to fly the whole round start combat to end combat to get remaining streamer points,unless you have a midair. how do you guys feel?
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">The only solution I see is that streamer points only count if you finish the round.
Now let's see what kind of a reaction THAT one gets
that was the response i was after
TheKid

Post by TheKid »

I believe taking mike to the deck is like mud wrestling with a pig. You just put him in his element.

Its fine though, cause mike can't fly worth a lick anyway[:p], i just wait for him to crash, and then its no worries [:D]

Like everyone has said, i wouldn't be anything beyond sorely disappointed in the person that used this technique. And if they repeatedly did it, well, i wouldn't say anything. If 100 points means that much to, by all means, go for it.

I had a bad spell this season of when i would go to run down low i would end up crashing because i would have to push it lower and lower to avoid everyone.

In my experience one of the hardest things to catch is someone doing low cirles, slow or fast doesn't matter. Its just so hard to get in behind them and line up with them without risking your plane or theirs...

Return to “Tactics and Strategies”