Sticky Stuff

Tell us how you go in for the kill. You'll find the latest combat strategies here.

Moderator: hbartel

Hat Trick

Post by Hat Trick »

That's great that there is no serious damage! Just a flesh wound. Only trouble is when all the other pilots are showing off their scars on their hands you'll need to take off your shoes!
Ben Morrow

Post by Ben Morrow »

Dang Brian, Glad you're ok. That's about worst prop cut I ever seen! Man I think about stuff like that happening all the time, just glad stitches took care of it and no major damage inside...

Glad the sandels survived! [:D][:D]

Heal up quick buddy![8]

Ben
THend

Post by THend »

I'm gonna fainnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.QRlkasd'vre'
ZenManiac

Post by ZenManiac »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sgilkey</i>
16 stitches later:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Stitches? Stitches are for wooses. Real men pinch and use CA! Pretty obvious how I know! [:I]

Glad no permanent damage.

-= Dave
Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

Ouch! That can't be fun! Wishing you a speedy recovery Brian.
lightning

Post by lightning »

I think Brian should just have covered it with Tanglefoot!
(just trying to bring the thread back on topic here[8D][8D])
AIM

Post by AIM »

I have been using the double sided carpet tape. I don't even try to take it off. When the stickiness goes away I just slap another layer over the top. I haven't had a wing survive long enough yet to see more than 3 layers.[:D]
Sticky stuff (rooster jizz as we call it) is about the most annoying thing out there. I'll almost fly a bare wing before using it.
boiler

Post by boiler »

Since you are tanglefoot deprived, I will be glad to deposite some on your plane after taking your streamer.[;)][}:)]
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

When it comes to the furball, cuts happen so fast that it is sometimes hard to determine who is responsible for that floating streamer. I prefer to have the 'proof in the pudding.'
Longhaul- Thanks for the clean-up tip, that will also help to keep the moths out of my hanger!

JeLi
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Hat Trick</i>
<br />That's great that there is no serious damage! Just a flesh wound. Only trouble is when all the other pilots are showing off their scars on their hands you'll need to take off your shoes!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

As long as he did not take a prop to the rear[:p]
Pinecone

Post by Pinecone »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ZenManiac</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sgilkey</i>
16 stitches later:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Stitches? Stitches are for wooses. Real men pinch and use CA! Pretty obvious how I know! [:I]

Glad no permanent damage.

-= Dave
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Do you realize that one of the first uses of CA was as a quick suture material?

Used in Vietnam.

Still used today.

Return to “Tactics and Strategies”