Nats Schedule

This is the big one ladies and gents, the AMA Nats

Moderator: hbartel

Hat Trick

Nats Schedule

Post by Hat Trick »

Is there a definate schedule for which events will be run on which days? Trying to plan on when I need to be there and get the right days off!
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Hat,

This is the schedule for the 2005 NATS. The focus will be to initially run 10 rounds each of 2610 and Open B so that the rule book events get completed. Following the completion of the rule book events, SSC and 2548 will be flown for a scheduled 10 rounds each. Time and weather permitting, Limited B will wrap up the schedule.

Day 1: AM 2610; PM Open B (5 rounds each)
Day 2: AM/PM Open B; PM 2610 (5 rounds each)
Day 3: AM SSC; PM 2548 (5 rounds each)
Day 4: AM 2548; AM/PM SSC (5 rounds each); PM Limited B (4 rounds only)

Detailed tuning on rounds flown per day will take place once we review the pre-registrations and get some handle on the pilots per event. The schedule is set so that if we only get one day of flying in due to weather, we will at least get the minimum number of rounds flown for the rule book events. Schedule slippages due to weather will first impact Limited B, then SSC and 2548 equally.

I'm looking forward to seeing you in Muncie this summer!

Ed
montague

Post by montague »

Ed, If things run ahead of schedule, would you run a 6th round of either class on day 1, and there is time on the 2nd day, would you move SSC or 2548 up to the second day at all?
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by montague</i>
<br />Ed, If things run ahead of schedule, would you run a 6th round of either class on day 1, and there is time on the 2nd day, would you move SSC or 2548 up to the second day at all?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Kirk,

Some folks may be travelling to fly just SSC and/or 2548, and I'd be hesitant to advance the schedule because folks are not expecting the flying of those events to start until Friday.

Ed
montague

Post by montague »

Ed,

That was part of the reason I was asking.

I was also asking about extra rounds on the first day of B/2610 as a way of planning how much gear to have ready.
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Kirk,

Flying extra rounds on Day 1 of Open B/2610 will be the call of the CD and primarily based on weather (actual and forecast) and where we are on the schedule. I can't tell you anything more at this time.

Ed
montague

Post by montague »

Ed,
That's fine. And that does actually seem to answer the question as "yes, it's possible, it could happen".
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

You've probably heard the old joke about the standard answer from a consultant:

"It all depends ..."
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

<b>NATS Daily Schedule</b>

Tuesday afternoon will be set up and registration. Please be sure to check in at the NATS HQ to get your badge and materials. Lou Melancon and Don Pruitt will be running tech inspections for 2610 and Open B. Starting time will depend on clearance of the facility by the prior NATS event.

Wednesday: Tech inspection and test flights for Open B and 2610 start at 0800, Pilot Meeting at 0915, contest flying starts at 1000.

Thursday: contest flying starts at 0900 after a short Pilots Meeting. Midafternoon we will start doing tech inspections on 2548, SSC and Limited B.

Friday: Tech inspection and test flights for SSC and 2548 start at 0800, Pilot Meeting at 0915, contest flying starts at 1000.

Saturday: contest flying starts at 0900 after a short Pilots Meeting. Midafternoon we will start doing tech inspections on Limited B, then Pilot Meeting and contest flying. Awards afterwards.

See you there!
Ed
Viat

Post by Viat »

Ed,
On Tuesday afternoon will be registration till what time?
watchyerback

Post by watchyerback »

SSC on Saturday as well right? I am understanding the we have 5 rounds Friday and 5 rounds Saturday.
Lou Melancon

Post by Lou Melancon »

Viat,
Don and I will be at at the field all day on Tuesday. I think we will start inspections about 4pm.
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by watchyerback</i>
<br />SSC on Saturday as well right? I am understanding the we have 5 rounds Friday and 5 rounds Saturday.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Day 1: AM 2610; PM Open B (5 rounds each)
Day 2: AM/PM Open B; PM 2610 (5 rounds each)
Day 3: AM SSC; PM 2548 (5 rounds each)
Day 4: AM 2548; AM/PM SSC (5 rounds each); PM Limited B (4 rounds only)

Return to “AMA RC Combat Nationals”