2006 NATS

This is the big one ladies and gents, the AMA Nats

Moderator: hbartel

Captain America

Post by Captain America »

Finished prepping the last of the planes last night. Load up the GMC tonight and we are headed out tuesday evening after the boys ball game. Should be pulling in about 10pm I would guess.

What time does tech open wed morning and first heat? Im havung a lot of trouble finding the right info...
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

I have all of the score sheets ready to go, the planes and equipment are pre-staged in the garage, all I have to do tonight is finish packing clothes and get to bed early. Roy will show up around 03:30 [:(] to pick me up then we are headed to THE NATS!!!!

<font size="6"><font color="red">It's Combat Time!!!</font id="red"></font id="size6">
montague

Post by montague »

15 fuses
28 wings
45+ rounds
4 days of combat

Nats, yeah baby!
AIM

Post by AIM »

Good luck to all. Hope everyone has a safe trip and a great time.
Captain America

Does not sound like i built enough planes...
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

Captain, you only don't have enough if you're flying with Kirk!

NEWSFLASH: Colorado is NOT a Southern State!! Doing extensive research for the upcoming "North vs. South" annual event/contest/controversy (formerly known as the "annual event/contest/controversy/gerrymandering so the South always wins") I came across a very helpful list of all the states which were "Union" or "Confederate" during the Civil War. W. Va. broke away from Va. of course, and will be included as Union. This list will be very helpful in sorting out the scores prior to the declaration of the inevitable Northern victor. In addition to the list of states, the following fact was gleaned:

"Present-day states which are not included in the above table were not states in 1861; those in the contiguous USA were then included in Territories all of which were Union. The question of slavery in these Territories was one of main causes of the American Civil War."

This statement would include Colorado, gents and Rebs! Parts of Colorado were in Kansas Territory, which was Union. Should we get any NATS participants from Alaska or Hawaii, we will make a decision based on whatever facts can be assembled/fabricated to sufficiently prove they are Northern states (gee, I wonder on Alaska....), unless of course the North has such a huge lead anyway (quite likely) that we can magnanimously "cede" these states' scores to the Reb cause and still win, thus making us feel good while accomplishing nothing of real value. Hey, I might have a career as a politician!

Tom Neff, welcome (back) to the North!!
Captain America

Dont quit your day job...
boiler

Post by boiler »

Scott, Colorado succeed from the South on their own before the Lone Star Nats in March. They figured out that Lou had put them in some kind of trance or something. It was the Blue Coats not the Grey Coats that came to their rescue during their early history.
Chunky C

Post by Chunky C »

RH made it here today. We just got back from dinner and he and his father are well feed and ready to rumble! He'll be Jones'in for a WWW fix sense he doesn't have web access. He said that he can't wait to get Scott's streamer in the first round. What's that all about??? :D

cc
RH

Post by RH »

I'm jonesin no longer! Found a puter in the AMA museum!!

Go away rain!!!

r
Pathous

Post by Pathous »

I'm here also.
Chunky C

Post by Chunky C »

It's only suppose to rain today, I think. But it be cloudy.

Just as good the weather man! lol

cc
RH

Post by RH »

What's the rain plan? There's a tent down there we could do tech inspections under. Where is everybody?

r
Captain America

Leaving about 5 to 5:30, be in around 8 i would guess. Talked to scott a while ago sounds like they were pulling out of D-troit about 3 or so. Sounds like late arrivals tonight...

Local weather called for rain today and some tomorrow. Rest of the week hot and Humid
montague

Post by montague »

We just got to the hotel not long ago. We had some car trouble on the way out that resulted in about 3-4hrs wasted. Turns out the wireing in the trailer is causing my car to blow the fuse for the brake lights, which causes all kinds of problems.

Return to “AMA RC Combat Nationals”