2007 NATS

This is the big one ladies and gents, the AMA Nats

Moderator: hbartel

THend

Post by THend »

Chris, got your email ok. Haven't had time to sit down and chew on it though.
combatgoblin

Post by combatgoblin »

What if 2105 were as popular as 2548 and there wasn't any 2548 wouldnt we fly both AMA events? We are not flying 2105 now and the AMA doesn't seem angry.I agree there only needs to be one class of
combat what the perfect class is I dont know. I like the idea of
3696 it can be electric or IC it has a guide line for size and is easy to build.This seems to be an evolution of or early days of
2105 were 15's were used and the planes were patterned around the HOB
kits for size.I think the reason they lost popularity is they were
hard to launch and once they got going were quite fast 3696 seems to have solved the intial problems we had,before making a hasty decision
weigh out the pros and cons of each class and try to make a decision
based on the good for scale and not personal agenda.Just my two cents.
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Kirk,

I would like to see your definition of "scale enough" so that it can be incorporated in the scale rules proposals. An easily understood and implementable definition would be helpful for all scale classes, and it would be great if it could be consistent across the classes.
Fred420

Post by Fred420 »

Hey Alex ................. Where are your pictures? Are you going to post yours?
Vapor52

Post by Vapor52 »

What little stick time I had was with 3696, it was a blast! Thanks "Long Haul". The one problem I would see as a scheduled event at the Nats is that if the wind happened to be blowing more than 10MPH it wouldn't be flyable would it ?---------rick
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

Rick, we`ve seen that 3696 planes can handel any wind that an SSC can. They are a little faster than SSCs and with a higher wing loading than SSC they penetrate better.
Vapor52

Post by Vapor52 »

Experience counts, I'll take your word for it----rick
THend

Post by THend »

2105 with an RJL .15 launched with authority. The RJL was a highly sought after engine back then.
cshepherd

Post by cshepherd »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Lee Liddle</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">The demo at Nats was pretty sorry looking,<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

That`s pretty harsh don`t you think Kirk. What makes it ok for you to insult someone`s effort like that?

I`m not saying that 3696 should replace the ic powered events, but, when built and set up properly (many at the nats demo weren`t) they are fun to fly, and make for good combat.

Just because you have racks full of 2610 parts, doesn`t give you the right to bash other`s efforts.

I`d appreciate it if you would correct your post.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Since I flew one of the planes(thanks Lee!) in the <i>sorry looking demo</i>, I take a bit of offense as well. While the planes were not flying at Mach 5, they were easily controllable and required the pilot to make use of energy management to complete realistic manuevers.

I applaud everyones efforts to build these planes. They are fun to fly and a welcome break from the usual smash-em up derby of the other classes. If I had spare cash laying around, I probably would attempt to build one or two. Hey Lee, if you come across any spare cash, send it my way! These twins are expensive, but you already know that.[;)]
montague

Post by montague »

Lee,

A final word. You said:
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
I`m not saying that 3696 should replace the ic powered events, but, when built and set up properly (many at the nats demo weren`t) they are fun to fly, and make for good combat.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Which basically says that you AGREE with me that at least some of the planes flown in the Nats demo didn't fly well. And that would therefore have given a bad impression of the flight performance of the class. Thank you.
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

My planes that I have designed and built for 3696 match as closely to scale as I can make them. I can't speak for the other guys.

I just don't want cartoons. I want models that look like the planes they are supposed to represent. If you have to ask ...

One of the comments that came back from one of the testers is that they want military shades of the colors, not day glow colors. Given that you can buy spray paints in the right/close shades at any LHS becuase they don't have to be fuel proof for electrics, that should not be a problem.
boiler

Post by boiler »

The discussion on 3696 or other scale classes rules needs to move to the members' section for discussion of rules. Let's please respect other's opinions in that area as well.
Viat

Post by Viat »

Late is better than never.
Finally we have downloaded our photo reportage from NATS2007
http://rcclub.ru/gallery/contests/NATS_2007/index.htm
Captain America

Post by Captain America »

Which_way_is_up

Post by Which_way_is_up »

Now that's one tired puppy! [:)]

Return to “AMA RC Combat Nationals”