2007 NATS -- Give the Board your input here

This is the big one ladies and gents, the AMA Nats

Moderator: hbartel

boiler

Post by boiler »

For what it's worth. I asked last year for people to let me know what motels they planned to stay at so they could be blocked. Kirk was the only one that responded. Last year I stayed the same place I have for 3 years.(at the field in my van) This year I have reservations for the Super 8 near Ball State that the AMA rate was $45. You can check out the motel list and their rates at the AMA site. I figured I could use their free high speed wireless service to keep any members that couldn't attend updated. Having a shower with ventilation that you don't have to wait for is also worth something.
Captain America

Post by Captain America »

We had a rather large crowd at our events, but we have slacked off a bit late last year. We sent out info on the event to the local papers and got free listings in the things to do section. We must have had 50 people come to watch. All the pilots that came were pretty shocked at the turn out but absolutly loverd the response from the people. We also picked up a few new members for the club and maybe one new combat pilot for this year.

After my attempts to get our fall event published and spending a lot of time writing articles on RCU and one that finally landed in the district report last month I believe the only way to get good press in the MA or other publications is to hire a journalist to write a proper article and submit it in the form they want. I think the RCCA should look into a "staff writer" to re write our feeble event debriefs and submit pictures with a polished article. Journalists can be hired on a flat per article rate and if supplied with all the details and pics could make good articles out of what we do without ever being there. Problem is that the $200 or so rate is to much for the club to bear with other expenses. Im talking with a local writer to see what could be done on the cheap to make this work. Some mags also pay the writer something for thier time if they like the article. I think an RCCA staff writer might be the best solution, The AMA does not appear to want to send us one.

Good PR, more visibility, more interest, more members?
dirko

Post by dirko »

Pam and I will be staying a Motel, too. We'll leave our dog, Annie home though.[8D]
Mike Gullikson

Post by Mike Gullikson »

Just for the info, I will be staying at the field in a motor home. Come on by for a hot dog or two. everyone's welcome at MADDOGS place, Besides I may need your help putting all the balsa pieces back together on my twins.
Captain America

Thats where we will be as well Mike, grill out every nite followed by margs, gorilla glue and gratuitious use of power tools and bi-di...
Fred420

Post by Fred420 »

Lynn and I are camping there also. We have a Pop-up with a dining area slide out. We will be coming in on Sat. afternoon. Are you guys camping at the Combat site or in the RV area?
Captain America

There is a nice set of hookups right across the drive from the combat site with hookups. Thats where we will be setting up.
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

Does it have hookups?[;)]

Plan on camping right at the combat site, you have to drive to the showers, but it`s the best place to be.
montague

Post by montague »

Oh, I forgot, I vote for shirts. I also liked the NPS shirts in past years, and would like to see them come back in the future. Even if it's a limited-run pre-order thing.
lightning

Post by lightning »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Captain America</i>
<br />There is a nice set of hookups right across the drive from the combat site with hookups. Thats where we will be setting up.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Need to add that is ELECTRICAL hookups (15A & 30A) only. Water fill is available close by, dump station is mebbe 1/2 mile away.
Fred420

Post by Fred420 »

Kool ..... save us 1 30 amp plug in for the AC [:D]
lightning

Post by lightning »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Fred420</i>
<br />Kool ..... save us 1 30 amp plug in for the AC [:D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Dave, AMA does not accept reservations; sites are "first come first served" and cost $10/night (2006 figure). You pay when you register.
That being said there were perhaps four or five RVs/campers last year and I recall there are at least 10 hookups at the combat location.
Captain America

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Lee Liddle</i>
<br />Does it have hookups?[;)]

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Sure pick on me because i have a typing impediment![:D]

Return to “AMA RC Combat Nationals”