2007 NATS -- Give the Board your input here

This is the big one ladies and gents, the AMA Nats

Moderator: hbartel

Lee Liddle

2007 NATS -- Give the Board your input here

Post by Lee Liddle »

The Board is currently discussing ways to make the Nats attendance more rewarding. That includes the social aspect as well as the competition and prizes. I`m not talking about location or schedule.

I`d like to hear from the members on things like....

Perks for preregistration....

Meetings, banquets, food....

T-shirts/Hats....

Types of awards.....

Raffle type prizes for pilots......

Bonus points for NPS rounds flown at the Nats...

I attend the NATS because......

I don`t attend the Nats, but would if......

We are trying to make the Nats better and keep it as a premier event, help us by giving us your ideas.

Thanks, Lee
Captain America

Post by Captain America »

Last year was my first Nats. The only real disapointment for me was that after flying evrybody bailed. Back to the hotel, out to supper whatever. I enjoy the evening time to relax and BS. the pizza supper kept people around for the evening, maybe more of these evening meals would promote the social side a bit more. I know we had great response at our event to evening social events and at Detroit last year an impromptu pizza and cooler raid barbeque went over well.

We have a local tradition of "Steak Nite" here. BYO meat and drinks and we supply the grill and chief. Been a very succesful cost effective social gathering.

To me the awards mean very little, we fly for bragging rights. Bonus points for nats? fine but probably not fair for some of the guys who dont live very close by like we do.
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

Sean, thanks for your input. I agree that the social side of the event can be the most enjoyable part. I`ll make sure that your voice is heard.
Serg

Post by Serg »

Suggestion: How about invite international pilot to fly NATS?
If it work it will convert Nationals into international championship.
(Nothing happen in a second).
boiler

Post by boiler »

Good idea Serg. Maybe Mike could extend an invitation to the Russians and I or Chris could invite others as well.Maybe the RCCA could cover the AMA membership if needed. I don't know much about such processes but I'm sure others in the RCCA might. All of these ideas in this thread are suggestions to see how many like or dislike the ideas. One idea that has been shot down pretty well is cash prizes.
Serg

Post by Serg »

Let start from simple: We can publish invitation all I need a permit from AMA or RCCA principals.
Early is better because visa processing required some time.
Hat Trick

Post by Hat Trick »

We discussed it when we were there last year. They would like to do it but getting a Visa is difficult to impossible as I understand it.
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

It won`t hurt to post an invitation. They can`t do anything without an official invitation. That`s hard for us to understand, but that`s the way it works.

Serg, what would the invitation need to say? What would we need to be responsible for if we give an invitation?

Let me know and then I`ll check with the Board and make sure that it`s ok for you to publish an invitation.
dirko

Post by dirko »

I attended NATS last year because I knew it would be fun.

I wanted to meet everyone I could, pick their brains and maybe even learn to fly better. Even though I suffered through heat exhaustion and didn't fly that well, I still had a good time.

Any social events would be great.

Maybe some educational clinics for some of us new-comers would be helpful.

I will be back to donate streamers to my competors.[:D]
Dawg

Post by Dawg »

I truely like the social side of the event. That is what makes events memorable. Whatever we can do to make it social, I am up for that.
Hat Trick

Post by Hat Trick »

I too like the evening social events. I know they can be hard to plan unless you have concrete reservations and know how many people will show up. The Pizza party has worked well the last couple years. Maybe a chicken dinner or something? Maybe we could get KFC to deliver?
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Please DON'T use that Boy Scout troop that only understood how to incinerate chicken, what was that, three years ago?
Which_way_is_up

Post by Which_way_is_up »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ed Kettler</i>
<br />Please DON'T use that Boy Scout troop that only understood how to incinerate chicken, what was that, three years ago?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

That was 2004. Good intentions on the RCCA's part but bad food on their part! [:(]
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

Hire Andy P's wife to make some of those awesome noodles and pies!
Serg

Post by Serg »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Lee Liddle</i>
<br />It won`t hurt to post an invitation. They can`t do anything without an official invitation. That`s hard for us to understand, but that`s the way it works.

Serg, what would the invitation need to say? What would we need to be responsible for if we give an invitation?

Let me know and then I`ll check with the Board and make sure that it`s ok for you to publish an invitation.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Background:
1) It is true: US-visa processing required time and money.
(If we are going make real invitation - right now we have a chance. Two month later - NO)
2) More details: visa-process initiation required reason (work, tourism, or certain purposes).
Sport events RC-combat contest (NATS 2007) is very certain reason.

Final decision about visa will make US-government (somebody will get visa somebody not).
Bottom line is: No invitation – no visitors.

Invitation might be very simple: Information about: place, time and reason.

Return to “AMA RC Combat Nationals”