2008 NATS

This is the big one ladies and gents, the AMA Nats

Moderator: hbartel

lightning

Post by lightning »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by M. Gillette</i>
<br />Did I read that we need to supply our own score sheets, clip boards and pens??
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Mike,
I printed yours for ya! See you in Muncie.
M. Gillette

Post by M. Gillette »

Sean I assumed Steak night would be on some where, I'll try to find a travel size steak.

Keith I found the score sheets and printed a short stack too. Might as well bring those extensions with you too, thank you.

I still have one wing to cover and 4 new planes to test fly. The plan is to be on the road Thurs. A.M. arrive early and set up camp.
boiler

Post by boiler »

I bought out two wal marts for string. Should have enough of the "right color". I see that MC Hammer has signed up for SSC and Limited B. Couldn't get the Oscars done for scale???? Hey <font color="yellow"><font size="6">BUTTERCUP</font id="size6"></font id="yellow">, I', still expecting you up here for the NATS. You've been paid and if TEXANS are as honerable as they are ugly, you should show.[:)][;)][}:)]
Dr. Kamakaze

Post by Dr. Kamakaze »

I trimmed out the last 2 airplanes of the "fleet" this morning. Pretty much ready to go! My dad (team manager) and I are looking forward to another great time at the NATS. We're heading down there first thing Saterday...loking forward to flying with everyone again!
Dr. Andy Runte aka "Dr. Kamakaze" of -TEAM KAMAKAZE-
RCCA #876
AMA #273119
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

The building frenzy is mostly done. One more 2548 plane to stuff (and get test flown). Brian and I have been up way too late several nights in a row trying to get stuff done, with Eric pitching in where he can, and supervising the savage beast of a dog when he's not helping. I was able to borrow a trailer again this year so we're throwing the kitchen sink in it- 34 complete planes (Eric and Brian are between them flying 8 classes, and as the pit manager/genius I can be blamed for having them on separate fleets for each class, so they each are bringing 4 planes per class, plus a couple of cats and dogs.) Oh, and some sport planes to fly at the field during the evenings (?!?!?). To think I got myself involved in combat because I had a single little Conquest .15 sitting unused in a drawer and wanted to put it to work.....now look at me.

Hopefully the mighty TransDork doesn't go toes-up on us as we pull this trailer, it's like towing a parachute.
Uh-Oh

Post by Uh-Oh »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sgilkey</i>
<br />
Hopefully the mighty TransDork doesn't go toes-up on us as we pull this trailer, it's like towing a parachute.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I know what you mean!! If you have the time, build a quickie wind deflector to attach to the roof rack of your van made from wood. Of course, this assumes your van has a roof rack and you don't mind a little old fashioned redneck engineering. If you wanted to make it in true southern fashion, build a framework out of "one by whatever" wood, and skin it with the aluminum cut from your favorite adult beverage cans!

It should look something like the link below, kind of, sort of, somewhat...[:p]

http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... ogId=10101

With the price of fuel these days, even if you spent a whole ten bucks on it for some hardware, I'd just about bet it would save you that much money, or more.

Gas, $3.89 a gallon....

Motel room, $45.00 a night....

Going to the Nats Jed Clampett style, PRICELESS![:D]

Ya'll travel safe and have fun!
AIM

Post by AIM »

Gotta say that I'm looking forward to my first Nats. I got the new fleet of Battlefly's pretty much ready to go. I thought about doing something to make the whole trip more memorable like throwing out a few personal challenges just to encourage some "LOVE" but I can't seem to come up with a discreet way to do it.

Ben Morrow

Post by Ben Morrow »

Hey Aaron, Great idea and COOL ta boot! You’ll get plenty of love with those names on the wings! Those boys are going to be on those planes like a duck on a june bug!! !!! That should be a HOOT to see!

Good luck to all!!! Aaron, have a great first Nats!!!
TheKid

Post by TheKid »

Last year with the trailor i suggested hinge sealing material, like we do on the combat planes. Just one long piece of tape running from the van to the trailor. I don't think my dad liked that idea too much, too much tape lol

My e-combat plane was a bust. Due to various "vibration issues" in the wing panel i stripped a servo. I guess the thing wasn't as bullet proof as i thought it was...
Captain America

Post by Captain America »

Gotta believe the Gilkey crew would be stylin' with a wing like that on the old 'Dork.

Nice work Aaron... I have a 3.5# brick i'll save for ya'.
M. Gillette

Post by M. Gillette »

Good looking BatlFly fleet Aaaaaaron!! How do they fly with the updates?? I'm bringing one combat proven BatlFly along for challenges or Lim B, no time to build more.

I finished up building on the fleet last night, trim flights this morning, then I'll be ready for my First Nats!!
boiler

Post by boiler »

Weather looks good again this year.[:D][8D][8D][8D] Sunday has only a 30% chance of rain.

Thu
Jul 10

Partly Cloudy

84°
64°

10%

From the South Southwest

9mph

Fri
Jul 11

Sunny

87°
67°

10%

From the South Southwest

9mph

Sat
Jul 12

Partly Cloudy

88°
68°

20%

From the Southwest

11mph

Sun
Jul 13

Isolated T-Storms

82°
60°

30%

From the Northwest

10mph

Mon
Jul 14

Partly Cloudy

79°
61°

20%

From the North Northeast

9mph

I'm planning on bringing my inkjet printer as it can also be used as a copy machine in a pinch. Please print and bring your scoresheets as Rick requested. It really saves a ton of work and ink on our end for a big meet like this. I hope the awards that Chris ordered arrive today. I hate the idea of driving back home to get them after I get to Muncie or mailing all those things out.[xx(]
cshepherd

Post by cshepherd »

Bob,

I forwarded the UPS tracking info to you. Awards were shipped out next day air to your location yesterday. I hope that everyone has a good time at the NATS and perhaps I will see everyone next year with the Twins in tow. They will be 4 yrs old then.
boiler

Post by boiler »

Heck Chris, they should be able to solo by then if you put them on a simulator now.[;)]
boiler

Post by boiler »

Chris, they were 10 miles from here at 7:40 this morning.[:)] UPS usually gets here about 4-5 pm. If they came by early this morning, I was out to breakfast. I glued my left hand with a teaspoon of thin CA a couple of hours ago. Thankfully I had a bottle of debonder handy. It still feels a little funny.[:I]

Return to “AMA RC Combat Nationals”