2008 NATS

This is the big one ladies and gents, the AMA Nats

Moderator: hbartel

RCCombatGuy

2008 NATS

Post by RCCombatGuy »

<font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS"><i><b>Hey Rick!

We're planning our business travel for July 2008 so I need to get an idea as to when the NATS will be held so I can block out those dates!

I want to pit between Mr. Gilkey & Mr. Liddle so I learn from the best!

Please post ASAP!

Thank You!</b></i></font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4">
lightning

Post by lightning »

Hey Scott, Mr. Liddle was on the East end of the field and Mr. Gilkey was close to the West side so you <i><b>DID pit</b></i> between them at the 2007 Nats!
So wot's the problem? [:D]
Vapor52

Post by Vapor52 »

Scott & All---I believe the dates will remain the same, 13th-16th, won't know 100% till after Sept. 29th-----------rick
Vapor52

Post by Vapor52 »

To all potential Nats competitors--- we still haven't received many new ideas on how to schedule events for 08, many who attended 07 commented and all of those comments will be reviewed before the upcoming meeting but as it stands now I don't see Bob & I changing much from last year as far as the schedule goes.----------rick
Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Vapor52</i>
<br />To all potential Nats competitors--- we still haven't received many new ideas on how to schedule events for 08, many who attended 07 commented and all of those comments will be reviewed before the upcoming meeting but as it stands now I don't see Bob & I changing much from last year as far as the schedule goes.----------rick
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Rick,

If the dates remain the same, I would like to see SSC and Limited B (classes with highest participation) scheduled on the 13th and 14th since that includes a weekend day.

Is it possible to get days that include the whole weekend, starting on say the 11th or 12th?
Vapor52

Post by Vapor52 »

Alex, the Nats organizers---Ron Morgan & company set the dates---We have very little say so on that now. All the events want the weekends! By keeping the dates the same they figure it all balances out in time----rick
boiler

Post by boiler »

OK Ladies and Gents, the 2008 NATS for RC Combat has now been scheduled. I hope you like the schedule ad much as I do. We get a Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon set of days again. To be specific the RC Combat is scheduled for July 11,12,13,14. Start planning for this one early. We adjusted the entry fees to make the different events more equatable. If you are entering an official AMA event they still whack you for $45 up front before you enter any events and $10 up front if you only fly non AMA events. The RCCA is charging $15 per event entered. This is a reduction of $15 for people flying both open B and 2610. It is a $5 increase for each non AMA event flown. For a person ,like myself which flies all 5 events, the total cost is unchanged. The RCCA has to purchase all the awards for the non AMA events and the AMA furnishes awards for the AMA events. If the event has only 1-3 contestants, AMA furnishes 1 award; 4-6 gets 2 awards; 7-9 gets 3 awards;10-14 gets 4; 15-19 gets 5; 20-29 gets 6; 30-39 gets 7;40-49 gets 8; 50-59 gets 9; and 60-69 gets 10. We can buy more if we wish and we can buy our own if we want. The AMA will furnish those anyway. AMA will also provide a "Best Junior" and "Best Senior" for their events as well. Chris provided very nice awards at our expense for this years NATS. I doubt we broke even. The board approved the purchase to start pumping up the NATS attendance. It was up some. Hopefully, we can get it up more for 2008.
Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by boiler</i>
<br />OK Ladies and Gents, the 2008 NATS for RC Combat has now been scheduled. I hope you like the schedule ad much as I do. We get a Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon set of days again. To be specific the RC Combat is scheduled for July 11,12,13,14. Start planning for this one early. We adjusted the entry fees to make the different events more equatable. If you are entering an official AMA event they still whack you for $45 up front before you enter any events and $10 up front if you only fly non AMA events. The RCCA is charging $15 per event entered. This is a reduction of $15 for people flying both open B and 2610. It is a $5 increase for each non AMA event flown. For a person ,like myself which flies all 5 events, the total cost is unchanged. The RCCA has to purchase all the awards for the non AMA events and the AMA furnishes awards for the AMA events. If the event has only 1-3 contestants, AMA furnishes 1 award; 4-6 gets 2 awards; 7-9 gets 3 awards;10-14 gets 4; 15-19 gets 5; 20-29 gets 6; 30-39 gets 7;40-49 gets 8; 50-59 gets 9; and 60-69 gets 10. We can buy more if we wish and we can buy our own if we want. The AMA will furnish those anyway. AMA will also provide a "Best Junior" and "Best Senior" for their events as well. Chris provided very nice awards at our expense for this years NATS. I doubt we broke even. The board approved the purchase to start pumping up the NATS attendance. It was up some. Hopefully, we can get it up more for 2008.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

So is SSC on Sunday and Monday again? Or Friday and Sa* * * *ay this time? And 10 rounds or 12?

Thanks!
boiler

Post by boiler »

Unless Rick gets significant, thoughtful, input he will probably follow last year's schedule since we got in 50 rounds in 4 days. SSC would be Sunday and Monday.
Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by boiler</i>
<br />We adjusted the entry fees to make the different events more equatable. If you are entering an official AMA event they still whack you for $45 up front before you enter any events and $10 up front if you only fly non AMA events. The RCCA is charging $15 per event entered. This is a reduction of $15 for people flying both open B and 2610. It is a $5 increase for each non AMA event flown. For a person ,like myself which flies all 5 events, the total cost is unchanged.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Is the AMA "up front" charge for provisional classes a one-time fee or is it per-class?

If the AMA gets $10 for each class entered that rasises the cost to $50.00 just to sign up for two provisional classes, no lunch. Is this correct?
Vapor52

Post by Vapor52 »

Unless you sit through 4-5 years of this it is a little confusing so here is a try----if you fly rule book you pay $45 1 time to the AMA/ pilot + $15 for each class flown thereafter. If you don't fly rule book and do fly unofficial only it will be a one time to AMA of $10/ pilot + $15 each class flown thereafter. Ex-- You are going to fly all 5 classes-- $45 + $15 X 5= $120. Ex no 2-- You want to fly SSC (unofficial) only--$10 + $15 =$25. Ex. no 3--- You are flying 750 (official) + 2548 (unofficial)-- $45 + $15 + $15 =$75 Clear as mud I bet!!-----------rick
Vapor52

Post by Vapor52 »

Just as a note most of the SIGS at the meeting consider the Nats a premier event and charge up to $200 entry fee just because they can and they know their pilots will pay it to fly at the Nats. Bob & I discussed this and we prefer the approach that we want more pilots to be able to afford to attend. If we spend very much on trophies then it will be a loss to the RCCA at the fees we are charging. Last year the RCCA spent $450 on streamers alone. Our new rate schedule is thought out hoping to attract a few more pilots by reducing entry somewhat so they can a little more afford the other expenses. This is a trial and may have to be re-adjusted in a year to make sure the RCCA is not losing too much on the deal. If Bob & I's calculations work out we think this fee schedule balances the load a little while bringing in the same gross as before or maybe a little more if more pilots attend. Stop & think about it, you are not paying a whole lot more than what your streamers are costing!----------rick
RCCombatGuy

Post by RCCombatGuy »

<font color="navy"><font size="4"><i><font face="Comic Sans MS">Thanks for the update Rick!
I truly appreciatte you attending the NATS planning meeting. I did it for two years and it was a challenge trying to schedule a business trip to Indy so I could be there!

I've got the dates in my calendar and I'm starting to update the squadron early (vs. last minute!).

Please let us know if the treasury is hurting. I'm sure we could put together a subcommittee to chase sponsors/donors like we did earlier.

Scott</font id="Comic Sans MS"></i></font id="size4"></font id="navy">
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Unless you sit through 4-5 years of this it is a little confusing so here is a try----if you fly rule book you pay $45 1 time to the AMA/ pilot + $15 for each class flown thereafter. If you don't fly rule book and do fly unofficial only it will be a one time to AMA of $10/ pilot + $15 each class flown thereafter. Ex-- You are going to fly all 5 classes-- $45 + $15 X 5= $120. Ex no 2-- You want to fly SSC (unofficial) only--$10 + $15 =$25. Ex. no 3--- You are flying 750 (official) + 2548 (unofficial)-- $45 + $15 + $15 =$75 Clear as mud I bet!!-----------rick<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I want to go this year I think I should just sent a blank check Is that OK[:D]
RH

Post by RH »

When I went a couple years back, I sent too much in and they sent me back the "change".

Return to “AMA RC Combat Nationals”