2008 NATS

This is the big one ladies and gents, the AMA Nats

Moderator: hbartel

cshepherd

Post by cshepherd »

Bob,
Hopefully they will arrive soon. I've not touched an airplane in several months as I have been occupied finishing the deck on our house and chasing after the boys.
cshepherd

Post by cshepherd »

and... in the market for a new job. My current job ceases to exist on August 1st. The joy!
boiler

Post by boiler »

They got here about 3 PM. [:)] Boxes are pretty beat up. [?] I will take them that way so they travel better. I will have witnesses when they get opened. I didn't hear any crystal rattle when I put them in the van. Thanks for the work getting them. Everyone really appreciated them last year.[:)]
cshepherd

Post by cshepherd »

They usually pack those things pretty good, triple wrapped and all kinds of foam around them. Should be in good shape based upon past experience with them.
Captain America

Post by Captain America »

Just got back from the field, test flew 7 of the 10 tonight anyway... even with the near fatal ssc winds tonight.

Time to load the trailer and get ready to hit the road tomorrow.

Later
boiler

Post by boiler »

I have 3 planes each for 5 different events plus one extra b wing thanks to Michael De Woody. I don't have room for 1/2A or 3696 since I have all the awards, streamers, banners, etc. loaded in the van. I really appreciate the help that has been volunteered to help move things along this year. I REALLY appreciate all the work that Rick Fraley has done for the RCCA to get the NATS right for so many years. He always does whatever is needed to run a excellent meet. This year is no exception. I think Rick and Don Grissom have done more than anyone knows to keep things moving this year. Thanks to both of you. I know Don has started to travel and fly more classes. I hope to see Rick kicking a$$ soon as well. I had a chance to see the future of the web site when I stayed at Don's earlier this year. This man is making a monument out of a mess. I'm on pins and needles waiting for it to bloom. I'll see all the brave combat pilots coming into Muncie tomorrow. The best of the best. No wimps. Biggest meet. Greatest competition. Grandest party. Best friends anywhere.
Captain America

With a speech like that i think your officially in charge of "toasting" from now on as well Bob! I know your not one to pat yourself on the back bob so I will add you to the list. I know you and Rick put a lot of time into planning this event and running it. Thank you all.

Sean
M. Gillette

Post by M. Gillette »

Got the fleet dialed in yesterday and the truck is loaded. will be heading out soon.

I found many of my motors break out on 10X3 APC props. I have 6 of them, will trade for MAS 10X4 if anyone wants them.
Captain America

Ive got plenty of 10x4 Mike
boiler

Post by boiler »

Got two more signed up from the far North country. Still no cowardly Texans or chickens from the Volunteer state. I think the flag of Texas has a <font color="yellow"><font size="6">YELLOW</font id="size6"></font id="yellow"> rose on it and their state song has a reference to it.[}:)][;)] I know I'm outclassed by the Gilkey's and such but am not afraid to fly with the best pilots in the country. I don't have to win to have a great time. I'm taking the proud flag of Ohio with me to show we are not cowards in combat. Well maybe Aaron with his launch and ditch method of scoring.[:)][;)]
boiler

Post by boiler »

I just checked into the motel and am trying out the wifi. I arrived at HQ about 1:30 where I ran into Keith Jones of MI who arrived last night with his motor home. He told me of a IMAC mid-air that happened this morning. When I got to the field Tom Neff and Norm from CO were setting up. I dropped off the crystal awards and streamers with him so I would hav room to pick up the T shirts. As I returned the Windsors from MD were there. Kirk Adams arrived shortly after that. Rick and I set up the lines and directed the AMA crew as to where things should go. The group from FL arrived with Craig Buttery at the wheel. They brought Don Grissom from GA with them. Roid from IN came in next towing a big trailer with his planes. He later left to pick up his pop up camper. Addition pilots from MI arrived with the Gilkey's, Gillett, and Veres. I needed to check in and eat. More later as I am going to eat and return to the field.
AIM

Post by AIM »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by boiler</i>
<br /> I'm taking the proud flag of Ohio with me to show we are not cowards in combat. Well maybe Aaron with his launch and ditch method of scoring.[:)][;)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Or there is always the "radio problems is why I dorked it in a mile out" alternative. I don't suppose thats ever happened to you Bob?
boiler

Post by boiler »

I dumb thumb way too often. I guess I need to back off those throws. Kind of like using training wheels. At least with erratic throws, I tend to dirt nap softer. Corey Stein another buckeye is now at the field along with two carloads from WI. Dr Evil and his sidekick Jerry where there when I got back from supper and the Booghans arrived before I left. Pilot's meeting at 9:30 tomorrow. Got all my open and 2610 put together and teched. Need to get a needle setting before we fly. Dr Evil and Corey have
russian style ships. I think Tom Neff and Sean Rupp have them as well as one of the Gilkeys. Ought to be interesting.
AIM

Post by AIM »

Good back stroke...
cshepherd

Post by cshepherd »

Bob,

you are going to find a goof up with one of the NPS awards... A replacement will be sent to Dr. Evil directly.

Return to “AMA RC Combat Nationals”