2008 AMA Combat Nationals ( Videos )

This is the big one ladies and gents, the AMA Nats

Moderator: hbartel

sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

splitting the plane in two, eh Rick??? That gives us something to think about. Like that cool Hot Wheels car when I was a kid- the "Splitting Image"
Captain America

Post by Captain America »

You will be happy to hear LPs are making a comeback Scott... they did a special on them last night on the news!
lightning

Post by lightning »

Hoo Boy, next it'll be 8-tracks!
Serg

Post by Serg »

Thanks! really enjoy to see the movie.

quote: "Looks cool, nice video! But I think it would be even cooler to hear the engine noises and pilots hooting and hollering"
Blue Note

Post by Blue Note »

Thanks. I've got more, but have been short on time. I also don't know for sure if it is good enough to work with. I think we were zoomed out too much at times. I'll know better next year. I'll get back to it shortly.
Blue Note

Post by Blue Note »

Sorry I haven't posted any more videos lately. I found too much of the other footage less than stellar. We had to sit in the spectator section since we didn't have hard hats and it put us too far out. As I plan to compete this coming year, I will have less time with the camera, but still plan to get some footage and hopefully better document the event and the energy of the rounds. I now have a better idea what it might take to capture the event and I may have a volunteer camera man lined up to do some filming. Does anyone know if we can operate the camera from around the contest directors area ( front and center )as long as we follow the safety guidelines? I would really like to try and capture all of the action up close and personal like. Thanks and looking forward to it.
lightning

Post by lightning »

I doubt being closer will be a problem as long as your are behind the pit line, wearing hard hats and abide by whatever other safety regs the CD deems necessary.
What say you Mr. Fraley?
Vapor52

Post by Vapor52 »

No problem as long as you wear the hard hat and use common sense-------rick
Captain America

Post by Captain America »

In the SCCA group I run with they require photogs to have a spotter with them in case they are watching the wrong thing when a car gets out of shape. Not a requirement here but it probably would be a good safety measure.
Blue Note

Post by Blue Note »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Captain America</i>
<br />In the SCCA group I run with they require photogs to have a spotter with them in case they are watching the wrong thing when a car gets out of shape. Not a requirement here but it probably would be a good safety measure.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

That is a good point. I agree with you that when you are trying to film, you don't really get to see anything that is going on, especially when it comes to peripheral vision.

Return to “AMA RC Combat Nationals”