My Plane is better than yours because...its faster

So you got a hot plane, eh? Tell us why you think you're gonna be Top Gun this year!

Moderator: hbartel

o1moregil

Post by o1moregil »

Bruce is working on a mold for a hotliner Fuse, I think the bug just got to West Texas.
ZenManiac

Post by ZenManiac »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by TheKid</i>
<br />The other one that i posted a link to was dopplered at 147 mph yesterday! Not too bad if you ask me
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Geez, Brian, you must have to take a pocketful of quaaludes to slow your reaction time down for Open-B! [;)]

-= Dave
TheKid

Post by TheKid »

For those that didn't see, it was dopplered at 178 mph out of a dive! Can you believe my dad lets me buzz the tower at about 20ft of altitude while he records?!?! thats what i call dedication!
ZenManiac

Post by ZenManiac »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by TheKid</i>
<br />For those that didn't see, it was dopplered at 178 mph out of a dive! Can you believe my dad lets me buzz the tower at about 20ft of altitude while he records?!?! thats what i call dedication!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
The good son calls it "dedication". The bad son calls it "trying to cash in early on dad's last will and testament." [}:)]
TheKid

Post by TheKid »

Haha, yes, a bad son might slip up a little bit [;)]

To be honest i couldn't fly these planes without him. They take a certain touch to launch and we had quite the close call the other day. The motor mount had come loose causing a lot of up thrust. We didn't notice this so my dad went to launch and the plane lept up and spun 90 degrees faster then you could believe! I managed to recover and promptly landed after that. The poor old man about pooped his pants [:0]

Hes done a great job tossing my projects, some of which have weighed 3 lbs or more and had 35+ oz wing loadings! Hes far too much of an asset to eliminate [}:)]
TheKid

Post by TheKid »

Heres another video we took on tuesday. We met up with Mike Gilette out at the RCCD and flew from 10 AM to 4 PM when i had to leave to get to work. Beautiful weather and a great time all together!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1066136

You absolutely couldn't trade in your soul for a day nicer then this!!!
ZenManiac

Post by ZenManiac »

Great vid, Brian! The plane was nicely centered in the frame the whole flight -- you must have given your dad the day off. [:0]

Do you take video requests? I'd love to see a couple of high speed passes through an SCC furball! [:D]

-= Dave
TheKid

Post by TheKid »

I'll gladly do it, as long as you put a deposit down on the plane before hand :D And no i don't accept streamers as payment
ZenManiac

Post by ZenManiac »

<br />I'll gladly do it, as long as you put a deposit down on the plane before hand :D And no i don't accept streamers as payment
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">What, no confidence in your flying skill? I thought it was the stuff legends were made of...

A video like that would give you a permanent place in RC combat history, whatever the outcome! [8D] Pilots would talk about it for decades! "Remember the time TheKid flew that racer through the furball? What a fantastic miss[:D]/smash[B)] That was amazing!".

-= Dave
Rabbit Leader

Post by Rabbit Leader »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Razor and balsa - not a picture I'd ever considered Next he'll be covering with silk and dope<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Uhh..I've built 5 or 6 old timers the past year and a half, just maidened my So Long last week..it gets up there pdq!!

BTW..ya'll are talking about speed..around 96-97 a friend of mine was in the Fort Worth Thunderbirds. They had a little 1/2a club pylon race going on, only limits were (I think) a minimum wing area, and it had to be a 1/2a. His last design was a little flying wing with a VA .049 turning a cut down 5-4 at about 30000 rpm..I saw the tach. This little psycho bird was clocked at about 126 on radar. Now...I have his old airframe. I also just got my hands on a Mk 1 VA .049 that has "roll your own" timing..hmnm...

Return to “My plane is better than yours because...”