One of them days!

So you got a hot plane, eh? Tell us why you think you're gonna be Top Gun this year!

Moderator: hbartel

EK

One of them days!

Post by EK »

Last contest I flew a 'B' wing (repaired) that was snap happy. Tracked just fine but as soon as I got on it just a bit too much, it would depart. Broke loose the rods, reset them (yes, I know, it would have been easier to start over) with the intent of taking out the twist, just to see if it was possible. Today was a nicer day so went out to 'test' it. Fired up the ole F/X and had to richen it up about 5 clicks (unusual for TX since it'd been run a month ago). The wing was fine, by the way, after I got the reflex reset it would only depart after 3 hard loops or throwing full aileron while pulling high g.

The first test lasted just over 4 minutes before the engine started sneezing. Wasn't very long but figured I'd just spent too much time on the bench setting the needle. NOT..... Tached her on the second run and on the pinch the tach was showing a bit over 20. Now, normally this ole F/X turns in the high 18's to low 19's but today must have been one of those special days when it's 'grip and rip' time. I flew her 3 times and didn't make 5 minutes on any of them and had thoughts of the webra's and nelson's some flew a couple years ago.

This is the oldest F/X I've got, put in service in late '05, and isn't much to look at but still a reliable performer. Days like today just make me smile....Giddyup-Go
Evan Wenger
gsjames

Re: One of them days!

Post by gsjames »

YEE- HA!
Gary James
Weatherford, TX
RCCA #908
[img]http://www.rccagallery.com/albums/garyjames/Trample_the_Weak.jpeg[/img]

Return to “My plane is better than yours because...”