R/C Stuff on E-Bay

Want to unload some combat equipment? Here's the place to do it.

Moderator: hbartel

Ben Morrow

R/C Stuff on E-Bay

Post by Ben Morrow »

Guy's I'll be listing a lot of stuff here real soon on E-Bay as I have been doing for a while now, (Kinda makes up for the slow months of the mowing business) but mostly Slot Cars for now, a new little hobby I've picked up :-)) But starting today I'll be listing a BUNCH of R/C stuff and if anyone is interested just head on over to E-Bay and my sellers name on E-Bay is "Combatflyer" you can search me out by name and just click on "Other Items I'm Selling" and maybe see something you might want or need??

You Guy's take care!
Ben
Ben Morrow

Post by Ben Morrow »

Guy's just found out that you have to use small case. "combatflyer" Items are not there yet, (Except Slot Cars) but coming SOON!

Thanks,
Ben
MLaBoyteaux

Post by MLaBoyteaux »

I'm looking for a large engine for my camera plane. I need something around a .90 or 1.08. If someone has a good used OS or SuperTigre engine in this size, I'd like to talk to you.
Ben Morrow

Post by Ben Morrow »

Mark,
The closest thing I have to that is a OS 160 twin cyl. 4 stroke. Might be a little much??? It's mounted to a Large 8 1/2' Cub right now and plane (Or Parts and plane) are for sale. I'll "DIG" and see what else is around.
Ben Morrow

Post by Ben Morrow »

Fora 29??[:p]
MLaBoyteaux

Post by MLaBoyteaux »

I've been test flying the plane with the twin Fox .60's. I'm tired of trying to get the Fox's running right. No matter what I do, I can't get them to reliably transition from low speed to full throttle. 3 out of 4 flights ends on a single engine. We've made one flight with the camera mounted and recording. Cool. I want to reconfigure the plane as a single engine pusher design. The all up wieght is going to be around 11 lbs. and a bit much for a single .60.

If I can't find anything used, I'm thinking I'll wind up buying a new SuperTigre .90
Ben Morrow

Post by Ben Morrow »

Just sold a Super Tigre .90. Sorry Buddy! Still no telling what I might find as I dig!
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Hey Mark I have either a Saito 180 Golden Night or a Brison 4.2 for sale, I'll take $350 for either one.
Kelvin
boiler

Post by boiler »

Have you considered a gas engine? You could fly for an hour with the right set up.
MLaBoyteaux

Post by MLaBoyteaux »

Thanks Kelvin, the Saito would be cool, but a little overboard. This was supposed to be a simple, cheap project, but it's turning into a very complex piece of equipment. So far, I've built a 2 axis gimble for the video camera with a 1.2 GHZ video downlink so we can rotate and tilt the camera with a second radio from the ground. Now I need a RELIABLE engine to power it (RELIABLE is not in the FOX vocabulary!). The FOX air bleed carburators are impossible to get set correctly and one engine has already had a wrist-pin keeper break in half. The half that broke off then proceeded to beat the crap out of the piston and cylinder head. Had to replace the piston, ring, keepers and head. FOX = POS. They make good paperwieghts but they leak oil like a Harley.

I've got a line on a new SuperTigre .90 at the local hobby store for a little over $100, so I think I'll just bite the bullet and take it off his hands.
thojo

Post by thojo »

Mark, you keep going and you'll have to register that beast with Homeland Security!
rdc767

Post by rdc767 »

Adds some hellfires and we'll ship you to Iraq too.
LOL!!
Ron
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Ben, I never saw any RC equipment, just cars. Did you post them?

Take care!
Ed
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

Mark, I have an ST 90 that would run well if it had its rear bearing replaced (ball retainer came apart). I also have an ASP 1.08 that is well used and in kind of rough condition, clean but a bit beat up and dingy looking, it still runs well and makes a lot of power. For all you've done for me and Brian with giving us photos for the RCR articles etc I would gladly donate either of these engines for your project, let me know if you want one of them and i will send it to you.
Ben Morrow

Post by Ben Morrow »

Not posted yet Ed,

I've got to remove all the equipment from the kinda beat up planes. Every time I look in the shop to get started, I say I'll do it later! (Still have a lot of cars and stuff to.) Just a HUGE pile of planes, I guess 50 beat up and some good wings, and all sorts of parts. Bunches of stuff to go though, just hang in there, it will be coming SOON....There's just so much as I've been a Pack-Rat on planes and stuff for years! BTW, Congrats on your new President spot! I'm sure you'll do very well ! Same goes for "Longhaul" !!! I saw where someone posted about travel miles being paid??? The way Bob travels, that would be a LUMP! hahahaha :-))))!! Congrats to you both! "Bottoms Up!" and CHEERS!

Best Regards,
Ben