WTB: Webra .25

Want to unload some combat equipment? Here's the place to do it.

Moderator: hbartel

Dane McGee

WTB: Webra .25

Post by Dane McGee »

Who has some Webra Speed .25 GT engines that that would part with?
Dane "Mad Max" McGee
Greenville, Texas
RCCA Vice President 684
sgilkey

Re: WTB: Webra .25

Post by sgilkey »

Dane, how many are you looking for?
Scott Gilkey
RCCA# 330
Dane McGee

Post by Dane McGee »

Im looking for a couple as of now.........maybe more later on.
Dane "Mad Max" McGee
Greenville, Texas
RCCA Vice President 684
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

Dane, I have a West 25 (same as Webra 25GT, but with pretty purple head) and a Webra 25 GT that are both in like-new condition. Both peeled their liners very early in their lives. I actually had two West 25s do that- I called Weston UK and they told me that there had been a bad run of liners. I can't recall what they said the issue was, but they claimed it had been fixed. They send me three new sets- one was installed in a West 25 that was returned to service. The other two sets were installed in the West 25 and Webra 25GT that are still sitting on my shelf. They have never been started since the new pis/cyl installation. Hopefully they would work fine, but I could of course make no guarantees. $75 each with carbs and boxes but no mufflers, plus actual postage. $10 off each if you don't want the carb.

Please know that the reason that I only use(d) Webras at Nats was that I felt they were not as reliable as an FX, but we wanted the power for maximum competitiveness. I have had several Webras blow up- shed circlips, broken rods, broken cranks, peeled/seized liners. Love the power, but don't love the reliability. As such I can make no guarantees of any kind for these engines.

I have five other engines that have been used for combat, all run fine and are in very good to excellent condition. At this time, I plan to hold on to them for possible use at Nats.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Scott
Scott Gilkey
RCCA# 330
Hat Trick

Post by Hat Trick »

I've got a few I think in the junk box. Shed clips or broken connecting rods that got run through the engine.
Mike Fredricks
RCCA# 109
Home of Hattrick Enterprises
www.hattrickrc.com
jj

Post by jj »

I've got 2 or 3 if you're interested. They run well at high altitude and have the usual pipes etc.

jj
jj (John J)
[img]http://www.rccagallery.com/albums/JJ-John-Jaugilas/P40RightThumb.thumb.jpg[/img]
Crosswinds R/C club
12th Pursuit Squadron
RCCA #579 AMA #9474
Dane McGee

Post by Dane McGee »

Thx for the response fellas, my email is mcgeeunderscoreconstructionatyahoodotcom
Dane "Mad Max" McGee
Greenville, Texas
RCCA Vice President 684